Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Good to see mine isnt the only one with "floppy belly" (a mutated version of Bli belly I believe).

On the Prowl name situation. I refer to mine as "Mr Happy-Mods" as Ratchet so eloquently put it.

A friend comes over "Cool, who is this?"

"that is Mr Happy-Mods!"

Confusion ensues, but I am happy!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Going back, I finally sat down and played with Lockdown. Stealth Lockdown to be exact. I'd been iffy on keeping the Stealth Lockdown as having played with LCZ128's I hadn't really been convinced by it so I wanted to return it to Target before the 28 days change of mind offer expired. But playing with it in the confines of my own humble abode, I really warmed to it and was glad that I'd decided against returning it.

Really love the way the arms form the back of the vehicle at the right angles and the way the legs work. The hands are a bit weird but after being told at that Southland thing that that was the way the hands were supposed to be, it really has grown on me. The design of the alt mode and the robot mode also help. Very unique in their own rights. Love the detachability of the weapon into two bits as well. I think it's a great toy overall and have every intention of doubbling up on Blazing Lockdown too.
    Music to my ears. +999999999999999

I truly adore the Lockdown mold. It's not perfect but it stands as a very striking example of the line.

My Swindle has a slightly floppy waist, but I don't find it to be that great an issue.

No stress marks on the bonnet, but there are a couple of stress marks forming where the stomach plate connects with the crotch.

Scored myself Blurr and Swindle the other day (Bu passed on Hound from Classics. Not sure why....). and like both. Blurr is more fun the further I play with him, and i adore his car mode. Swindle is ok, but doesnt feel as fun to me as many of the other animated figures do. i hate his hands, and his car mode isnt quite cartoony enough.

Still they aint bad. Hoping for Wasp and Sidecar Prowl soon.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

I finally picked up Waspinator today and i have to ask why did they even bother with instructions you flip down the bug head and thats the pretty much it, still a cool looking figure.

oh...and a like it how with Swindles BFG you put the missile in and it changes colour to make it look energised/loaded (btw i am easily amused)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Music to my ears. +999999999999999

I truly adore the Lockdown mold. It's not perfect but it stands as a very striking example of the line.
    I think it's perfect bar the limp wrists (If his toy was anything to go by you'd think Lockdown has a pretty weak hand shake ) and stationary head.

The legs are the definite highlight for me *wolf whistles* - I love clipping the front spoiler part to form the thighs. Such awesome design!

I was given Blazing Lockdown today and am really glad to now have the chainsaw.

The hooked wrist adds to his "crooked" alien like appeal. I too love the legs. The chainsaw is ok. I still prefer the hook but now I can pimp up Lockdown by having either 2 of the engine guns or a hook and saw on each arm respectively.

LOCKDOWN FEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    oh...and a like it how with Swindles BFG you put the missile in and it changes colour to make it look energised/loaded (btw i am easily amused)
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    The hooked wrist adds to his "crooked" alien like appeal. I too love the legs. The chainsaw is ok. I still prefer the hook but now I can pimp up Lockdown by having either 2 of the engine guns or a hook and saw on each arm respectively.

LOCKDOWN FEVER!
    oooh, need to get around to opening my Blazing Lockdown. Grabbed him just before the end of the sale. Looks great.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Had my Shockwave/Bumblebee 2-pack show up in the mail yesterday.

Purple animated Shockwave is one of the worst Transformers of all time, but simultaneously one of the coolest figures I own: the tank/crane altmode worked much better in the original colour scheme - this just looks likes a robot lying down, or as my partner put it, a little kid in purple pyjamas throwing a tantrum.

The robot mode(s) make up for it though, however the Longarm disguise is really pretty useless. Can't remember seeing an Autobot entirely dressed in purple before, but oh well. The main Shockwave mode is awesome and makes him well worth owning.

And the little Bumblebee activator is great too, I've been meaning to pick him up for ages.

I probably would have opted for the normal-coloured Shockwave, but they were roughly 30% more expensive on Ebay which probably has something to do with the $5 pricing stuff-up in US Targets. This pack set me back $45au including postage and arrived in a week, pretty happy with it overall.

I know it was a bugger to find an original Animated Shockwave at a decent price (mostly because US sellers gouge you for price of postage). dirge finally found one for me from a Singaporean seller - AU$43 for the toy w/ AU$20 postage.

Check out eBay Singapore. This one has a Buy It Now price of SG$42.74 (AU$39.99) and ships worldwide (and shipping from Singapore to Australia is much cheaper than from USA)