Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8182324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh yeah... when was the last time you ever saw an Autobot painted purple?
    They do tend to shy away from that colour, don't they? Most of the time, the closest they get are those colours used on Warpath, Perceptor, Skyfall and bits of Getaway and Joyride. Still, I don't think Autobots should automatically shoot at anything with a bit of purple on them. Some Autobots I can think of with notable use of purple include:

- Grotusque, RID Skid-Z, 2003 Universe Silverbolt, Armada Cheetor and Armada Airazor,
    - the Japanese versions of Whisper, Storm Cloud and Flattop,
    - and maybe Go-Bot Ironhide's pants.

(Unless those are pink. Which is even worse, really...

"Every time I look at my pants, Prime, my circuits sizzle. Why the hell did you have to throw a red sock into the wash?")

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Don't ask, don't tell policy?
    Autobots are purple-phobes...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

From the Human Error Part 2 thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    I think we'd get better fiction if it wasn't toyline based (see Furman's IDW stories versus AHM's 1984/85 toyline based story).
    I agree, but for me it's different with Animated. I'm sure that from the very inception of Animated Hasbro had the intent of making this a toyline, but decided to design the characters for the cartoon first and then asking TakaraTOMY designers to engineer toys from Hasbro's animation models.

I watched the first five minutes of "Decepticon Air". Gok - I know you'll appreciate it that Sentinel orders his crew to 'bot' their posts rather than 'man' them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From the Human Error Part 2 thread:

I agree, but for me it's different with Animated. I'm sure that from the very inception of Animated Hasbro had the intent of making this a toyline, but decided to design the characters for the cartoon first and then asking TakaraTOMY designers to engineer toys from Hasbro's animation models.
    That's exactly how they did it. There's interviews out there that confirm it.

Love it or hate it, one has to admit that the design ethos in Animated is very coherent, and the toys amazingly accurate in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I watched the first five minutes of "Decepticon Air". Gok - I know you'll appreciate it that Sentinel orders his crew to 'bot' their posts rather than 'man' them.
    But bot, is he a jerk about it!

Jazz really should smack him upside the skidplate with his nunchuku.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    But bot, is he a jerk about it!
    Bot, Trunks! Sentinel can't botage to bot such an imbotsse ship as just one bot - he's only hubot! That's why he debotded that his bots botdatorily bot their posts. I botstioned it because I botstally fear that the bots being held in rebotd are going to be ebotcipated!

Bot, Trunks! Sentinel can't botage to bot such an imbotsse ship as just one bot - he's only hubot! That's why he debotded that his bots botdatorily bot their posts. I botstioned it because I botstally fear that the bots being held in rebotd are going to be ebotcipated!
    Oh, holy smurf!

You sir deserve a cookie.

Someone please ebotcipate me from this botdane botiacal and botic botifestation of mirth and mayhem! I can't botage any more of this!!

<Kirk> BOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! </Kirk>