Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9192425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Wow

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Someone please ebotcipate me from this botdane botiacal and botic botifestation of mirth and mayhem! I can't botage any more of this!!

<Kirk> BOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! </Kirk>
    I've just realised that "romantic" becomes "robotic". Coincidence?

Nabbed me Leader Bulkhead last night, so now I can finally compare him to the Voyager.

He isn't even close to being as good a toy as the Voyager version, the transformation is more fun and intuitive (but Voyager Bulkhead is one of the best Transformations in the entire Animated line), and the figure more closely represents the on-screen character.

On the flipside I really like the Leader figure too, transformation is decent and the sounds and lights, just like with Megatron, are just right. Like all figures with electronic gimmicks, I could live without them, but at least on Bulkhead I do not hate them.

Leader Bulky makes a better display piece, Voyager is the toy I still want to play with and transform.

Still seeing as the Leader class figure was $6 cheaper than the Voyager I'm not complaining!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I couldn't agree more on all counts.

*nods* IMO the Voyager Leaders are only worth getting on sale and not worth the full RRP.

TFA Wreck-Gar:

Received this one today (thanks again Zippo) and like most TFA toys it doesn't disappoint. I'm not a huge fan of his character on the show but the toy is excellent. My favourite thing about the robot mode is how fantastically retro he looks. The shiny 70's orange, simply designed lower extremities and old tv/torch style head go a long way in making him look like antiquey while maintaining the overall Animated aesthetic. I don't really have a problem with the giant backpack, it's not like he doesn't have it in the show and it just wouldn't look right if came off ala Prime and his trailer. I do think the 'picker-uppers' should fold back and up though as they look a bit out of place. Overall, another must-have TFA toy!

I finally got Waspinator.

He's like Swoop-he transforms simply but he's really poseble and show-accurate as well. My only real gripes are the lack of a weapon or something like that and that he's a bit loose on some joints-but not enough to really impede him.

My mum had her own thoughts on him:

"My god, it has fairy wings."
    "No," I said, "it's a wasp."
    "Oh."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    "My god, it has fairy wings."
    "No," I said, "it's a wasp."
    "Oh."
    You should've said, in Waspinator's voice, "Why motherbot hate Wazzpinator?"

Well, I just finished unboxing Wreck-Gar, which completes my Animated collection until more is released. I have:

- All 13 boxed Activators
    - Atomic Lugnut, Skywarp, EG Bumblebee and Blazing Lockdown all boxed
    - Shadow Blade Megatron and Roadbuster Ultra Magnus boxed
    - All Target exclusives (Rescue Ratchet, Stealth Lockdown, Sunstorm & G1 Shockwave) boxed

Then all the other Animated figures running free. My personal rule with unboxing is to keep repaints MISB and unleash everything else, except for the Activators. I've also ignored the bumper battlers, Leader class Optimus and that Bumblebee thing.

I sit and wait patiently for the next Animated wave. Does anybody suppose it will be out before Christmas?

Nice way to finish the collection, Toasty. Wreck Gar is an awesome toy (shame about his character on the show ). Any pics of them all grouped together? I just bought one of each character for my collection and recently threw them all in a glass IKEA cabinet. They look great all together.

Not sure when the new toys are due but hopefully in time for Xmas (by which time they will have announced a TFA movie for the cinema's...Bit too hopeful maybe? ).