Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

My issue with Sentinel is his size too. If only HasTak could have made him, Lugnut and Grimlock bigger...

My top ten favourite Transformers Animated toys.

1. Deluxe Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime.

Best Optimus Prime toy ever. To paraphrase G1 Megatron: I would have waited an eternity for this Prime. A solid toy, original transformation and great accessories. My only question – what's the purpose of the spring in the spinal-columny bit just above his waist?

2. Voyager Bulkhead.

Looks fantastic, great wrecking-ball gimmick, autotransformation, everything locks in place. A perfect toy.

3. Deluxe Ratchet.

I don't care that his weapons don't fit in ambulance mode or that he doesn't stand easily or that Lockdown's EMP generator is 'activated' on Ratchet's left arm but doesn't stay there. He has fantastic weapons combinations and looks perfectly grizzled. I love this toy.

4. Deluxe Lockdown.

It's like a giant climbing out of a Volkswagen. Demonstrates to the extreme how Hasbro can get 'size' out of a deluxe toy. And he's a Frankenstein's-monster-pirate.

5. Leader Ultra Magnus.

Amazing robot mode – I can't believe his head can still turn despite the 'talking' gimmick. An incredible arsenal of weapons. The vehicle mode is somewhat warped because everything doesn't quite fit in where it should. But still, it's Robert Stack back from the grave – I can deal with it right now, tomorrow and always.

6. Deluxe Soundwave.

The only 'con' for this toy is that Laserbeak doesn't stay on his arm well in robot mode, but heck, who needs a bird when you can thrash an electric guitar? An amazing homage considering such a change in altmodes.

7. Voyager Starscream.

Not perfect – bits come off and don't exactly lock in place. Nevertheless, a clever autotransformation and cool pop-out blasters; the toy looks amazing and somehow even seems to capture the god complex of this unforgettable character.

8. Deluxe Sentinel Prime.

A unique transformation for a character who's the same – an Autobot who's just a jerk. My only qualm with an otherwise brilliant toy is the accessories – they don't look right sitting there in vehicle mode. But then again, the character doesn't exactly 'get' blending in on Earth.

9. Deluxe Jazz.

Yeah, he dresses like Ali G, but this is the first Jazz I haven't hated in twenty-four years, both as a character and a toy. Pretty much perfect and great nuchucks.

10. Deluxe The Battle Begins Cybertron Mode Megatron.

So what if his vehicle mode is backwards, looks nothing like his show Cybertron mode and he has fuchsia syphilis? He has a power punch and looks like he eats humans for breakfast. The most 'Skeletor' Transformer since Bludgeon.

And... my least favourite:

∞. Deluxe Prowl.

I hate everything about this toy. I hate its traffic light. I hate its shurikens which don't have any neat way of being held in robot mode. I hate its leg placement in vehicle mode. I hate his klaxons on his arms. I know people like this thing, but this is just not my kind of toy. I sold this and I'm now waiting on the samurai sidecar version.

So... which of other people's favourites am I missing? Or are there some that people agree with? Anyone else's top ten?

cool list, now if I could get Jazz and Sentinel here...

sif you bad mouth prowl! meh its ok, to each their own etc!

My Magnus has no issues in alt mode. But his light up eyes don't work!

I'm totally with your top five Sky Shadow. I just had a play with Wave 3 and 4 deluxes today at Griffin's and am VERY impressed by Sentinel Prime. Yeah, he's tiny, but his transformation is original and solid. I love him! While I do prefer Voyager Bulkhead, both Leader Bulkhead and Leader Megatron are awesome toys too.

I completely forgot about Activator Bumblebee, who is quite probably the greatest smaller-than-deluxe toy I've ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I'm totally with your top five Sky Shadow. I just had a play with Wave 3 and 4 deluxes today at Griffin's and am VERY impressed by Sentinel Prime. Yeah, he's tiny, but his transformation is original and solid. I love him! While I do prefer Voyager Bulkhead, both Leader Bulkhead and Leader Megatron are awesome toys too.
    I just got Leader Bulkhead and you're right, Jay. He doesn't edge out his Voyager form from my top ten, but he'd definitely be in my top four - just after Ratchet and before Lockdown. And I love the fact that he can do his 'chair' mode and that he comes with The Headmaster, who I can also use on Magnus (although it's more fun sticking it on Sentinel or Starscream). Everything locks in place too - the only minor issue is that I can't 'action pose' Leader Bulkhead's head (which is because of the electronic gimmick, so that's hardly a quibble.) Overall, an outstanding toy. Overall I'd give it a rating of:

"Pwnage! Total pwnage!"

So... would I be as pleased if I get Leader Megatron? What's he got going for him?

Glad to hear you like Leader Bulkhead. He grows on me daily too (he's the only toy I brought to QLD with me on my holiday)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    So... would I be as pleased if I get Leader Megatron? What's he got going for him?
    I think Leader Megatron is the weakest of the three Leaders, but still worthy of association with them. I think he's leagues ahead of his other two incarnations (Deluxe and Voyager Cybertron Modes). Both of his modes are awesome, and he has that same overall solid feeling that I think the other two Leaders has too, but his transformation is quite simple, and his knees are a bit weird... very similar in articulation to Ratchet's. Right before I came on holiday, I bought him and Bulkhead, and he didn't come with me, so I've only had 15 minutes with him, but I enjoyed that 15 minutes.

Kurdt's given us a great, thorough writeup here.

I got myself Animated Snarl Slag over the weekend. Not impressed one bit. I felt a sharp pang of enthusiasm as I removed him from the bubble but that quickly dissapated as I transformed him to bot mode. Very flimsy and I can barely see his head. He's fat and stubby and the arm and leg articulation are pretty poor in comparison with Prowl or Cybertron Prime. Combine that with the lower torso's inability to stay clipped, he's a very poor toy. I was devastated and my enthusiasm for the line dims with each moment.

I've still Swoop, Jazz and Sentinel Prime to open and I can only pray it gets better b/c other than the few shining lights of this line, its been riddled with nothing but flimsy QC-ridden toys.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I found both Deluxe Dinobots a bit disappointing. Sentinel Prime! Sentinel Prime! Sentinel Prime!

Animated Leader Megatron is worth a purchase, I rank him equal with leader Magnus as a good solid toy, he isnt the best figure of the line (Ratchet, Prowl and Lugnut are the best figures of the line) but he is certainly top ten material.

He is also streets ahead of the other 2 crappy toys he has had released thus far.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)