Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Activator Prime is a bit of a pain to transform into vehicle mode, but in robot mode he's a great and very poseable Prime action figure, just in mini-form. Compared to his giant auto-transforming brother Command and Roll Out Prime, the toy wins hands down.

Last edited by Paulbot; 9th November 2008 at 11:33 AM.

Stealth Lockdown has some issues. It took a bit of effort for his legs to plug into his arms when transforming into robot mode. It took a lot of effort for the weapon to plug in under the windshield and I still gave up before I could do it. The peg just seems to big for the hole. Sadly because this toy's packed in robot mode you can notice an obvious flaw until you've opened it.

Oh man I can't wait to get my hands on this guy...

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/v...d.php?tid=9004

Got Oil Slick yesterday, but I had already had a play of STL's the week before, and it has easily become my favourite of my small Animated collection, I love all motorbike TFs but this is easily the best, I think anyway...

In bike mode, Oil Slick is a chopper, and an awesome looking one. A ram's head on the front just makes it look so bad-ass. It is well proportioned, perfectly coloured and looks great. I can't pick out one fault, it even balances with no help (*cough* TFA PROWL *cough*). All clips etc click in and there is no loose pieces. His accessories in this mode are held on each side of his rear wheels, they look perfectly in place, and are not left without a place to be kept where they are likely to get lost.

Transformation is simple, but easy, and pretty straight forward. Front becomes the arms, back the legs, middle the body, simple but effective and I don't think anyone could have trouble with it.

Robot mode is equally great, great articulation that is not hampered in any way, and he balances perfectly. I'll compare him to Prowl again, as he is my only other deluxe. Whereas I find very hard to balance Prowl due to his feet, Oil Slick can stay standing in pretty much any pose imaginable, and with his articulation there are many you can come up with. A great feature I find is that he has actually fingers, not just a molded hand, which comes in hand when you place his accessories in his hands, he actually looks like he is holding them. The accessories are 2 barrels. One breaks in half, and the 2 halves are connected by a chain, and this is his "chain weapon" and it is great. The other barrel has a lid at the top, which after reading Eric's comments from the meets, was meant to have some "goo" in it which was meant to be a chemical, but this never eventuated. It still looks great though and we can pretend.

Overall, Oil Slick to me is perfect, I cannot find one fault with him in either mode. QC and paint on mine is also perfect, so overall very very happy.

North Melbourne-bot...?

As Iceburn said in the Action Pose thread the mini-set (legends and activators) looks the best in scale, but it's a little damning of Bulkhead that it's a Voyager toy. and isn't much bigger than the Activators.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Got Oil Slick yesterday, but I had already had a play of STL's the week before, and it has easily become my favourite of my small Animated collection, I love all motorbike TFs but this is easily the best, I think anyway...

In bike mode, Oil Slick is a chopper, and an awesome looking one. A ram's head on the front just makes it look so bad-ass. It is well proportioned, perfectly coloured and looks great. I can't pick out one fault, it even balances with no help (*cough* TFA PROWL *cough*). All clips etc click in and there is no loose pieces. His accessories in this mode are held on each side of his rear wheels, they look perfectly in place, and are not left without a place to be kept where they are likely to get lost.

Transformation is simple, but easy, and pretty straight forward. Front becomes the arms, back the legs, middle the body, simple but effective and I don't think anyone could have trouble with it.

Robot mode is equally great, great articulation that is not hampered in any way, and he balances perfectly. I'll compare him to Prowl again, as he is my only other deluxe. Whereas I find very hard to balance Prowl due to his feet, Oil Slick can stay standing in pretty much any pose imaginable, and with his articulation there are many you can come up with. A great feature I find is that he has actually fingers, not just a molded hand, which comes in hand when you place his accessories in his hands, he actually looks like he is holding them. The accessories are 2 barrels. One breaks in half, and the 2 halves are connected by a chain, and this is his "chain weapon" and it is great. The other barrel has a lid at the top, which after reading Eric's comments from the meets, was meant to have some "goo" in it which was meant to be a chemical, but this never eventuated. It still looks great though and we can pretend.

Overall, Oil Slick to me is perfect, I cannot find one fault with him in either mode. QC and paint on mine is also perfect, so overall very very happy.
    I was thinking of picking him up but I really don't care for the colour, I'm holding out in hope of a cool repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I was thinking of picking him up but I really don't care for the colour, I'm holding out in hope of a cool repaint.
    Yeah? I actually really like his colours. Bike mode is a bit iffy I guess cause you don't see many green-ish choppers, but in robot mode I think it really suits him. Definitely get him if a repaint comes and takes your fancy, you wont regret it.

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As Iceburn said in the Action Pose thread the mini-set (legends and activators) looks the best in scale, but it's a little damning of Bulkhead that it's a Voyager toy. and isn't much bigger than the Activators.
    I hope they make an Activator Blitzwing... He and "Voyager" Lugnut would make a good team...