Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Buy the replacement first. Confirm it's better and just refund the lesser.
    good idea Jay and that way i can just swap the legs over and keep the nicely painted one

...um... it would still look bad IMO unless you painted out the yellows. That's what hurts that toy the most IMO... it just looks like Animated Bumblebee cosplaying as G1 Prowl. :/

I picked up Animated Blitzwing today from Kmart. Opened the toy and started transforming it as per the instructions (which sorely needs text)... the pegs that connect the jet canopy to the tank got stuck and yanking them out caused them to become permanently bent and deformed (poor quality plastic). Also, one of the pegs that clips onto the wings wasn't properly moulded, causing the wing to fall out far too easily. You can see in the picture that there is a properly moulded peg (left) and the mis-moulded peg (right).

Many foul words and curses against Hasbro came forth from my mouth. I refunded the toy at my local Kmart and tried to see if they had another Blitzwing, but alas there were none. Gonna try and find another one tomorrow hopefully. *sigh* (-_-)

please Milton Bradley

cancel this line and restore Universe 1

hmm too much brute-force! :P

Okay, I got my second Animated Blitzwing again. No problem with the wing pegs, but I came across the same problem with the canopy tabs. I transformed it to tank mode, then when I tried to transform it to robot mode I noticed that it was thoroughly stuck and really, really hard to take out. This time instead of yanking them out I was reeeeaaaally careful in trying to take them out, but I still managed to make a very small stress-mark in the plastic. No warping or major stress marks though - so atm I'm satisfied to keep the toy... but I'm so afraid of breaking the canopy tabs that I now just don't try to lock the tank turret into place anymore. Needless to say that it makes the tank mode look bad because the turret just sits out of place and all floppy and pointing downward. Gah.

I am thoroughly disappointed with this toy. Whoever said that it was comparable with G1 Blitzwing needs to have his janglies crushed.

That's a shame, Gok. My Blitzwing has no such problems, so it's probably the fault of bad QC again.

...so I just so happened to find two Blitzwings with the same problem. Eep!

...so what am I doing wrong? I've followed the instructions as best I can, and the second time around I was as gentle as I could be... and I still nearly broke the tab. I don't get it. The instructions just show a large arrow indicating to swing the turret straight off, which is what I did the first time which shattered the tabs. Basically the first toy broke because I was just following the instructions as illustrated. The second time the toy nearly broke when I was following the instructions as illustrated with _extreme_ care. Is there a trick to this that I've missed from the instruction booklet? If so... help please. I would like to be able to transform this toy properly to tank mode, but I'm afraid that I'll break the toy if I ever transform it out of tank mode.