Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Crossovers Comments/Review thread

Default Transformers Crossovers Comments/Review thread

Animated < Marvel Crossovers.

The line may be four figures old but I feel an immense amount of satisfaction from the Marvel toys in comparison to the Animated toys which filled me with utter frustration with their QC issues and all.

Cracking open my Venom and Iron Man, I found myself surprised that both are stellar figures. Great transformations, uncompromised robot modes and alt modes.

Iron Man has the common cockpit=central feature of robot mode problem but that aside, there's some ingenuous clips and folds that help to obscure the rest of the robot mode. One of my favourite modern jets to date. Period. I just wished the mold had been used for say Slingshot or Skydive. Very nice and very intuitive. Delightful toy. Awesome poseability to boot too.

Venom. Wow. Kurdt's review awhile back made me think this guy would be awesome but I had no idea how awesome. I was totally blown away by the alt mode. In real life, out of package, it is a bundle of joy. Its mean and nasty and this is a case where Hasbro has the perfect deco. Kudos to them. I highly highly recommend Venom to start. I love the mid section. Hell, it took me awhile to figure out but as with TFM Ironhide, this guy has propelled himself into being one of my favourites. Very sturdy, everything fits into place with the exception of the shoulders which I think in the long run might be become flimsy.

Definitely better than SWTF by a mile and I am looking forward to the next wave immensely (as well as opening Hulk and Spider-Man)!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I totally agree with Ironman but i'm abit disappointed with Venom, despite it being a cool figure to own.

My recommended figures to get in sequence:
    - Ironman
    - Hulk
    - Venom
    - Spiderman

Can't waiting for the others...

It's a high quality line thats for sure. I was pleasantly surprised myself.

You summed up my feelings about Venom, although I'm not too keen on his chunky lower legs but love the complicated conversion. Who wants a torso panel sandwich? It feels as if Venom and Movie Ironhide were born from the same engineer.

Ironman is a work of art. A very wide and relatively flat jet mode which converts into a very thin proportioned robot mode. Simply outstanding. Not too keen on the manta ray like wings in alt mode but the robot mode is simply outstanding.

Hulk is my favorite. The alt mode looks great despite having little to no play value. But his robot mode... WOW! Just WOW! Huge chunky arms that is highly articulated. Coupled with proportionate legs and torso. Simply awesome.

Spiderman is ok. Not my favorite superhero and the colour scheme doesn't really work witht he alt mode. His conversion is almost identical to movie Arcee but at least you can hide his hands. With saying that, this figure is a lot better than I expected.

This line is a million miles better than SWTF but I still prefer Animated STL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Spiderman is ok. Not my favorite superhero and the colour scheme doesn't really work witht he alt mode. His conversion is almost identical to movie Arcee but at least you can hide his hands. With saying that, this figure is a lot better than I expected.
    I opened mine finally yesterday while watching the NSWRL grand final. Not really impressed. This is some of the worst articulation I've seen in a while. I do like how its alt mode is very solid and everything almost has a place to clip/fold into. But the articulation ahd arms make it a very awhward toy. I think if Arcee was blown up to this size, she'd be a better toy given her better articulation

This line is a million miles better than SWTF but I still prefer Animated STL.
    You'll come to see the light
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

While the line doesn't interest me, it's interesting to read that the QC is higher than other lines. I suspect Hasbro has made the decision to keep the QC of SWTF and the Crossovers high, otherwise the large adult fanbases of those franchises might not delve into those lines.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I was disappointed with Venom and Spider-Man. Venom's chest is too frustrating, but the toy captures the character nicely and the vehicle mode is very good. Spider-Man is solid in bike mode, but a bit floppy in robot mode, things that feel like they should lock into place don't. But it's generally a nice figure although the Symbiote costume version looks a bit cleaner -- maybe I should have waited for the repaint.

I played with Iceburn's Iron Man and Hulk. Iron Man has some nice touches, I particularly like the way the legs transform to cover the thighs in jet mode. But I've never liked the character of Iron Man at all (except in the movie), so it puts me off the toy a bit. The jet mode looks a little cheap. If Human Torch is a repaint of this toy than I would get that.

I really liked the Hulk though. The transformation of the arms into the tank treads is fun, a bit of a puzzle, and very satisying. The Tank cannon is a bit too small but it can be turned into an attacking claw if you don't lock the main body of the tank into place. The autopunch gimmick is a bit weak because the arms are too big/heavy, but it works alright. Of the four, I like the Hulk toy the most but I'm going to wait for the Grey Hulk which is the first Hulk I really knew as a character.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    While the line doesn't interest me, it's interesting to read that the QC is higher than other lines. I suspect Hasbro has made the decision to keep the QC of SWTF and the Crossovers high, otherwise the large adult fanbases of those franchises might not delve into those lines.

Also there could possibly be stipulations from Marvel and Lucas about QC in general.

I have all the released in AU ones so far but the packaging is just so nice I can't bring myself to open them.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I heard they spent quite a few years perfecting all the kinks in these Marvel TFs (I'm not sure where I heard it *shrugs*) so you know they definitely didn't rush these from the design process & into the stores...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was disappointed with Venom and Spider-Man. Venom's chest is too frustrating,
    Says the TFM Ironhide hater...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Says the TFM Ironhide hater...
    At least Ironhide's convoluted chest transformation makes sense. When I saw Iceburn's Venom I realised I was doing wrong because I was trying to make the chest straighter then it's supposed to be. The instructions are useless.