Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good prices on Masterpiece Tracks and Roadrage.

Default Good prices on Masterpiece Tracks and Roadrage.

I just saw this news post over on Seibertron.

if you don't have either of these yet it's probably quite a good deal.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Was originally going to pass on Roadrage, but I found him in Akihabara for 3890yen. Pretty much all the major stores seemed overstocked; dropping prices by a few hundred yen a week until I couldn't say no anymore.

Megatran Guest

Shhhhhhhhh.... Ima trying to sell my MP Road Rage MISB.

If HLJ drops its price to match these vendors I may consider getting her. As it is I dont want her enough to warrant getting her when you factor in postage for the single figure.

I find it odd that TakaraTOMY would do obscure characters like Exhaust and Road Rage as mass store release figures. Objectively speaking, I think that these sort of characters are better off being done as limited exclusives. A shame that Tracks is shelfwarming. I hope this doesn't put a dent in TakaraTOMY's plans for releasing the rest of the Cars as MPs.

Anyway, we all vote with our wallets.

P.S.: If MP Road Rage is shelfwarming in Japan at cheaper Japanese RRP, I can only imagine how the Hasbro version is going to fair when TRU releases it here. I could mention something on TRU AU's FB page, but we all know that it would simply be a waste of time...

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wasnt impressed with Tracks but i might pick up road rage just because.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    I wasnt impressed with Tracks but i might pick up road rage just because.
    I wouldn't do it even for $40. Not a fan, waste of my display space.

Do the Japanese not like Tracks?

Only thing I can think of is I know it the west some people claim Tracks is gay, and I've heard that in Japan they don't like gay characters, but I assume that aspect of the character would have been changed in the dub if it was true.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Do the Japanese not like Tracks?

Only thing I can think of is I know it the west some people claim Tracks is gay, and I've heard that in Japan they don't like gay characters, but I assume that aspect of the character would have been changed in the dub if it was true.
    Trust me there is enough gay influence in Japan .

I think is more to do with the overall quality and feel of the toy.

Basically the transformation is too freestyle and over engineered. It becomes non enjoyable as it was 7,500jpy ?
    the expectation was to exceed the previous MPs cars not take a step back. It is luckily that ironhide isn't looking the same.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I actually transformed him back to car mode for the first time the other night. I was surprised how annoying it was.

Technically i think all MP's are really clever in the way they transform, Tracks included. But there's a noticable difference in the way things appear to not fold neatly compared to the datsuns or lambos for example.

The bonnet on mine doesn't sit flat. Is it because the legs aren't straight? Or something else, I dont know.