Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Morning all...

Welcome to the board "Me Grimlock!".

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Welcome, always good to see people from all walks on here. Does Ozformers need a Chaplain? Well it couldnt hurt any!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Well, we're not an army. I don't think we need someone on standby for last rites

Welcome.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Hey - I am called Chaplain Ridley on WargamerAu and RPGMeetup. And don't think the last rites aren't necessary - I'm saddened and surprised by the number of tributes to departed members of TFW2005. Man, the kids of the 1980s are getting older. In my day...

As for the Grimlock as unbeliever reference from earlier - it was only in the US comics that he had that problem - there was no Primus in G1. But after the showdown in issue 75 with Unicron it wasn't Primus' existence that Grimlock doubted but his purpose for the TF race - "Creator think he make one race, he not - make two races that start calling themselves Autobot and Decepticon". Think it was the issue when he turned into an Action Master.
    Me Grimlock no bozo - me king!

Quote Originally Posted by Me_Grimlock!
    As for the Grimlock as unbeliever reference from earlier - it was only in the US comics that he had that problem - there was no Primus in G1.
    What?! Generation 1 is a term that was retrospectively created to describe Transformers before Transformers Generation 2. Transformers Generation 2 came into existence in 1993, thus everything Transformers created before the G2 brand in 1993 is Generation 1!

If you're saying that Primus didn't exist in G1 then where did he come from?? G2? That's certainly not the case. Also, Primus originated in the UK comics - although the US and UK comics are part of the same continuity (with some notable exceptions like the Earthforce Saga).

Primus, as he originally appeared in the UK G1 comics

Primus vs Unicron in a later appearance in the US G1 comics

Suggesting that the G1 comics are not G1 is just wrong. It was Marvel Comics who created the entire background mythos for Transformers in the beginning and the comics came out before the G1 cartoon and continued long after the cartoon ended (cartoon = 1985-87, comics = 1984-92). Marvel would publish the Generation 2 comics in 1993, but Primus already made an appearance well before then. In fact, Primus doesn't appear nor is mentioned in G2 - rather G2 focuses on the malevolent divine entity known as the Swarm (ultimately transformed by the Matrix into what would be the Vok as seen in Beast Wars).

Quote Originally Posted by Me Grimlock!
    But after the showdown in issue 75 with Unicron it wasn't Primus' existence that Grimlock doubted but his purpose for the TF race - "Creator think he make one race, he not - make two races that start calling themselves Autobot and Decepticon". Think it was the issue when he turned into an Action Master.
    I think it's safe to say that Grimlock became a believer in Primus after Primus woke up and transported him (alongside Bumblebee, Jazz, Seawatch, Stakeout, Red Hot and Fixit to Earth). But it doesn't change the fact that Grimlock was an adamant non-believer and skeptic when the Autobots found Primus. He was the only one who refused to kneel before Primus and demanded the Keeper to prove his claim that Primus was the God of Transformers.

Grimlock came to believe in Primus after being presented with evidence, unlike the other Autobots who were willing to believe in Primus through sheer faith and undemanding of further proof aside from seeing their God.

The sight of their living God made all the Autobots into believers, save Grimlock who demanded further evidence.

Me, Grimlock did you mean in the G1 "cartoon"?

Cleary you know Primus was in the US comics because you quoted from issue #76.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Me, Grimlock did you mean in the G1 "cartoon"?

Cleary you know Primus was in the US comics because you quoted from issue #76.
    Of course he did. I myself only count the cartoon and toyline as G1 to me. I see comics as another storyline, pretty much what beast wars is to cybertron.

Gok is just utterly useless at reading between the lines and lateral thinking.

So don't take what he said as a personal throw down or anything Me Grimlock!.

Goktimus just likes to explode his encylopedic knowledge all the time, and sometimes without doing a little pre-processing of what was really said by others first. But he's very entertaining and informative. Don't stop what you do Gok.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

MV75, anything before G2 _is_ generally considered G1. Goktimus is being informative, it's not his issue if you choose to use your own personal definition. If you choose to use that, you're welcome to, but don't have a swipe at others (yes, I know it's lighthearted) because you feel the need to use a different definition to the fandom in general.

It's not about reading between the lines, "there was no Primus in G1" is factually incorrect. Granted, Gok used 400 words when 20 would have done, but the content of his message is correct.

Me Grimlock!, for future reference, if you're referring specifically to the G1 Cartoon (and excluding the comic), it's better to actually state that you're referring to the cartoon - it makes sure everyone is on the same page as you (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Welcome aboard!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm