View Poll Results: Combiner Wars Sky Lynx - worth getting?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • A (fairly) faithful Sky Lynx toy - hells yes!

20 76.92%
  • Only if cheap

2 7.69%
  • Only if...

1 3.85%
  • Na

1 3.85%
  • They should have done this toy properly

2 7.69%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - CW Sky Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wreck-Gar goes on the chest like Groove does for Defensor
    I gave it a shot with my Groove, but I can't see how to do it. There's no obvious points to secure him on Sky Reign's body. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I can't work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Any pics to see how? I haven't been able to find any.
    There's some on Seibertron.com (and unsecured crotch plate - "crotch-gar"?), but it's not convincing or really even duplicate-able at all.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I didn't mention this when I first reviewed this guy, as I hadn't tried it out - combiner torso mode looks freakin' awesome. Lovely shape and colour balance and I really like the feline head sculpt. Almost (not quite, but almost) has me wanting to make him into a combiner, rather than displaying him as a stand alone character.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I didn't mention this when I first reviewed this guy, as I hadn't tried it out - combiner torso mode looks freakin' awesome. Lovely shape and colour balance and I really like the feline head sculpt. Almost (not quite, but almost) has me wanting to make him into a combiner, rather than displaying him as a stand alone character.
    Me too, I'm tempted to use Skylinx combined mode as my CW Rejectron (eg Alpha Bravo, Rook etc)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    The blue wings on mine were a bit floppy as well, I tightened the 2 screws on the underside of the shuttle wings (top of the wings in robot um... beast thingy mode) and that mostly resolved it. They're not absolutely firmly in place but are not swinging in and out when I don't want them to.
    The screw won't do much as the blue wing part is not actually pressed held together by the White plastic the screw tightens, you kinda have to open it up and can see what I mean

But once open up the best way would be to take out the blue wing part then polish / thicken the blue wing inner circle slot so that when it's plugged back into the peg on the White part, it's fits more tightly thus not flop around like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrick View Post
    CW Rejectron (eg Alpha Bravo, Rook etc)
    lol

He's very sturdy in torso mode, and the sculpt + colour of the feline head is perfect (unfortunately, much better than his normal shuttle/bird head). Would be really cool to get some other Season 3 Autobots to combine with - the Autobot Clones + Jumpstarters would be perfect colour-wise.

Got him from Kmart last night after price matching with Myer. Asked the clerk nicely, showed him Myer's online catalogue and even mentioned the sale price for "$34.95" twice. Guy still chose to ignore me, and apathetically enter the price match price for $24.95... :/ Who am I to tell a guy how to do his job?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Found this guy yesterday at Shellharbour TRU. He's nice. As a Sky Lynx fan it's good to finally see him get some proper love.

My version is pretty loose. Definitely gonna crack out the floor polish.

While I too would have liked a leader class Sky Lynx, the combiner gimmick meant it was never possible. That said, I do like the torso mode.

The only real issue I have with this guy is the price. I paid full TRU price which was $50. There is no way this guy is worth $50. But that is not a complaint I have with Sky Lynx, it is a complaint I have with retail TFs in general. If not fo rthe fact I really want this guy, I would have left him there.

So recommended? Yes, but not for $50.

Edit: I just voted on the poll for this thread and am surprised to see that I'm the only person that voted "Only if cheap".
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Still can't find this guy anywhere I've given up.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

finally got around to actually setting Sky Lynx up as a combiner with my orphan-limb bots as I never got the last two Dlx Autobot waves because I liked my existing representations of those characters.

Wasn't too impressed over all

Legs were quite loose, especially his left, and the arm ports tab in only from Sky Lynx' rear feet, and it's not a very deep/firm tab, so it's a little looser than Hot Spot's chest piece joint...

Don't get me wrong, I mostly like the way he looks (apart from almost no neck) - that Lynx face is perfect, and it's a pretty interesting way to turn a long necked quadrupedal mechanical nightmare creature into a relatively workable combiner torso... could have done a few things better though.

I floor polished a few of the looser joints on mine the other day. Places like the wing extensions and ankles and he is much better now. It could probably do with another coat on the wing extensions but I couldn't be bothered pulling it apart again.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain