Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

So I guess this qualifies as both the best and worst news of 2016 since some managed to get him for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    i haven't seen superion at my local toys r us...maybe he already sold out?
    Atleast 10 sitting on the shelf at Ctown
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale, an email was sent out friday morning around 11am saying to remove stock from the shelves and that new tickeys would need to be printed up for something in the vacinity of $169-$189, she said that someone higher up has messed up, all online orders are backed up because they simply didnt have the stock.
    This happened to me once with boutbon and coke from dan Murphys online, they cancelled the whole order stating that, while purchasing instore if the label.is incorrect, you get to pay that price, online however, these terms do not count and we can change and cancel orders as we need to.
    Good luck all, to those who got one or 10...well done."
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

curious to see if theyre scanning at the correct price now. Apparently the $70 was a pricing mistake & should have been rectified by now

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    curious to see if theyre scanning at the correct price now. Apparently the $70 was a pricing mistake & should have been rectified by now
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale, an email was sent out friday morning around 11am saying to remove stock from the shelves and that new tickeys would need to be printed up for something in the vacinity of $169-$189, she said that someone higher up has messed up, all online orders are backed up because they simply didnt have the stock.
    This happened to me once with boutbon and coke from dan Murphys online, they cancelled the whole order stating that, while purchasing instore if the label.is incorrect, you get to pay that price, online however, these terms do not count and we can change and cancel orders as we need to.
    Good luck all, to those who got one or 10...well done."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It will be interesting to see if there are any on the shelves at the larger price. I've a Melb mate having a probably futile look for me today. If he finds any I think it means that TRU broke their contract with online shoppers as they DID still have ones in stock but chose not to fulfil orders due to accidentally setting the price too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale ~snip~
    HAHAHAHAHA, yeah right mr manager.
    Lets face it, what's probably happened is that they got flooded with orders and someone's said "oh, this must be popular again, well if they'll pay $70 they'll pay $170" and they are using the whole "pricing error" shtick as an excuse to cancel all the orders they can.
    As for the brick and mortars, they weren't at a loss, they might have gone as low as braking even, but do they expect us to believe that they paid more then $70 per unit when the online stores sold them at $200 and made a profit?
    That somehow the online stores paid less per unit then Toys R Us did?
    Yeah, I don't think so Tim

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I don't think so Tim
    Ha! A Home Improvement reference - years since I heard one of those

Hidy-Ho good neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ha! A Home Improvement reference - years since I heard one of those

Hidy-Ho good neighbour
    ehhherrrrr (Tim's confused sound he makes)

Easy to say hard to spell, love that show.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Those who had their orders cancelled- did you buy more than one at a time?

Online orders cancelled due to finite stock, yet this guy was able to go in today and they magically found one out the back. Good luck for him but I suspect there will be more and more cases of these being moved out back rather then head office honoring all the online sales they made

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...73011742988972