Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    i cant believe what TRU did... i beleive this is no error since they are also clearing a Kitchen Toy Set at 250 to 50aud so Trypticon makes sense being cleared at that price yet they noticed how people are taking all their stocks that they have to rethink their pricing
    Compared to U.S sales pricing, I can't see how it wasn't a pricing error to be honest.

shout out to DarkHyren for helping a brother out with Trypticon - good vibes coming your way mate

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    good vibes coming your way mate
    I think there is an ointment for that
    Spiderken Away!

Went back to TRU Cannington to see if I could reprice my layby from last week. Lucky for me the $69.98 tag was still on the shelf as the register tried to charge $198.98, and they had to honour it

I put an order around 11am on the day even before this post came up.

My order got cancelled. The excuse was they were out of stock.However, they could not explain why someone ordered at 4pm could get his order fulfilled but I could not.

What a joke TRU! I can not think out a reason why their sales is not keeping going down hill.

The biggest tell is if TRU gets anymore stock in. By all accounts the clearance sale managed to move every bit of stock in their stores and warehouse in Australia. If they get so much as a box back on sale, they are obliged to sell it at the $70 price and not a cent higher.

Quote Originally Posted by devilg11 View Post
    I put an order around 11am on the day even before this post came up.

My order got cancelled. The excuse was they were out of stock.However, they could not explain why someone ordered at 4pm could get his order fulfilled but I could not.

What a joke TRU! I can not think out a reason why their sales is not keeping going down hill.
    From what I understand its unfortunately not by who orders first but rather by which store your online order is placed with and how efficient they are in filling that order. For those who ordered online, there was quite a varied postage cost which would be due to which store the order is being filled by.

Getting the order in is one thing but having it fulfilled is another as the stock in each store is limited so online orders have to be filled from what's on the shelf and in the back which means if your order went into store with 5 units and before someone is able to get around to fulfilling the order (physically taking the item off the shelf/back) those 5 units are either sold in store then the online order can't be finalised from that store hence the out of stock email.

Nah I like the armchair expert conspiracy theories better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    The biggest tell is if TRU gets anymore stock in. By all accounts the clearance sale managed to move every bit of stock in their stores and warehouse in Australia. If they get so much as a box back on sale, they are obliged to sell it at the $70 price and not a cent higher.
    No they are not.

In the case of a price error, the seller is not obligated to automatically honour the incorrect price. (Although there may be occasions where the seller chooses to.)

By all accounts TRU have done exactly what they are required, which is remove the item from sale until the price is corrected.

If standard retail toy markups are applied, the cost price for Trypticon would have been somewhere near $200. Even accounting for a typical Toys R Us markup, they would be losing money for every unit sold at $70.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Nah I like the armchair expert conspiracy theories better.
    This!

I got shipping notification today so I'm guessing Lint will be thrilled.

We all miss out, let it go~