Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    No they are not.

In the case of a price error, the seller is not obligated to automatically honour the incorrect price. (Although there may be occasions where the seller chooses to.)

By all accounts TRU have done exactly what they are required, which is remove the item from sale until the price is corrected.

If standard retail toy markups are applied, the cost price for Trypticon would have been somewhere near $200. Even accounting for a typical Toys R Us markup, they would be losing money for every unit sold at $70.
    Where is the information regarding a pricing error, other than internet forums? That may be the case, however all customer orders were cancelled, and I quote directly from the email, because "As we are unable to locate stock of the above in our warehouses we will need to cancel the above item from your order."
    Nor is there any price correction announcement under "catalogue notices" on the TRU website. As far as the consumer is rightly concerned, their order was cancelled on the basis of inability to meet order numbers. This is evidenced fact.

If TRU had cancelled their orders because of a pricing error, which they have every right to do so, then that would have been fine. I would've accepted that and moved on. However this did not happen in their correspondence to customers.

The whole point of my original post was wondering to see if TRU end up getting more Trypticon stock in, and selling at the increased price. Because if they did so, then that would be a breach of consumer law. If they've stopped selling Trypticon because it's a clearance sale, then it ends at that.

Truth be told I'm not that bothered on missing out. But it sucks when these big companies keep on screwing the little guy and count on people just letting things go because they're afraid to speak up.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th March 2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: obscenity

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    From what I understand its unfortunately not by who orders first but rather by which store your online order is placed with and how efficient they are in filling that order. For those who ordered online, there was quite a varied postage cost which would be due to which store the order is being filled by.

Getting the order in is one thing but having it fulfilled is another as the stock in each store is limited so online orders have to be filled from what's on the shelf and in the back which means if your order went into store with 5 units and before someone is able to get around to fulfilling the order (physically taking the item off the shelf/back) those 5 units are either sold in store then the online order can't be finalised from that store hence the out of stock email.
    Thanks for your explanation. Does this mean when we order online, we are actually placing order on 1 single store other than to the whole company? If this is the case, Toysrus must hold the most ridiculous online shop I have ever heard.

The only advantage I can think of with such a system is that it keeps postage costs to a minimum, because they are posting locally. I was quoted $10 postage for Trypticon which would have been a lot higher from Eastern States given the size of the box.

But the lack of an up-to-date inventory count just leads to gross over demand and a lot of unfulfilled/cancelled orders.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well, my $70 Trypticon turned up today If it weren't for the pricing error, I'd be pissed that they taped the shipping bag to the actual box.
    At least came in a bag.. Mine just arrived in a box that is 3 times bigger than trip himself with no padding.. Luckily he a toughass decepticon and didn't cop any damage bouncing around in the big empty delivery box..

Quote Originally Posted by Wormz View Post
    At least came in a bag.. Mine just arrived in a box that is 3 times bigger than trip himself with no padding.. Luckily he a toughass decepticon and didn't cop any damage bouncing around in the big empty delivery box..
    Let me clarify, it was one of those express post type plastic bags i.e. non-padded. Trypticon didn't fit completely inside the bag so they taped the end of the bag over and onto the box so the only way to remove it was to rip off the packing tape taking some of the box with it. It also removed the tape holding the box closed so now it's only MIB (not sealed).

I'd take your oversized box with no padding any day of the week
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Let me clarify, it was one of those express post type plastic bags i.e. non-padded. Trypticon didn't fit completely inside the bag so they taped the end of the bag over and onto the box so the only way to remove it was to rip off the packing tape taking some of the box with it. It also removed the tape holding the box closed so now it's only MIB (not sealed).

I'd take your oversized box with no padding any day of the week
    Ooo thats rough.. I apologize.. Kinda feel like a dick now

Quote Originally Posted by Wormz View Post
    Ooo thats rough.. I apologize.. Kinda feel like a dick now
    No apology required
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Megatran Guest

Looks like they took a feather out of Amazon's cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Looks like they took a feather out of Amazon's cap.
    Hmmm... that does sound familiar. Was it you or someone else that had that happen to them with Amazon?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Megatran Guest