27 87.10%
  • Only if...

2 6.45%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 6.45%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-28 Masterpiece Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod)

Thumbs down

I never preordered this figure coz I wanst planning on buying him, not really a fave figure for me is why. But then I ve been looking at a lot of pics and thought well, he's still available and cheaper at Chimungmung so I ordered one. I am very pleased I did. The figure is great , robot mode, so poseable, solid and slim. Solid that even thouh the torso is basically a flatpack of panels pressed together to make it , its pretty packed and locked up well its a solid piece. This is what they shouldve done to Rodimus primes torso. Rodimus' torso works the same way a bunch of panels flatpacked together to make up the torso which is great but, if not securely locked together is a disaster that keeps falling apart when played with. It has only 1 tab to lock it all in place unlike Hot Rods thats got more from many sides.... I guess they learned from theyre previous design flaw. 😊😊😊...
    Apart from the unable to roll if its not a completely flat surface its on, I have no other complaints about the figure.

Is there any place to store the guns when in robot form other than him holding it?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I never preordered this figure coz I wanst planning on buying him, not really a fave figure for me is why. But then I ve been looking at a lot of pics and thought well, he's still available and cheaper at Chimungmung so I ordered one. I am very pleased I did. The figure is great , robot mode, so poseable, solid and slim. Solid that even thouh the torso is basically a flatpack of panels pressed together to make it , its pretty packed and locked up well its a solid piece. This is what they shouldve done to Rodimus primes torso. Rodimus' torso works the same way a bunch of panels flatpacked together to make up the torso which is great but, if not securely locked together is a disaster that keeps falling apart when played with. It has only 1 tab to lock it all in place unlike Hot Rods thats got more from many sides.... I guess they learned from theyre previous design flaw. 😊😊😊...
    Apart from the unable to roll if its not a completely flat surface its on, I have no other complaints about the figure.

Is there any place to store the guns when in robot form other than him holding it?
    someone suggested they can be placed on his back or shoulders.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Red face

I had the chance to play with it and he was able to hold offshoot from mp-9 hasbro but won't fit in car mode.

Overall if metal was on its feet would be great.

The alignment to the pack is a bit tricky.

Car does not roll well but expected.

Overall I like hot rod but if you pay over $100 is a bit not justified imo.
    I paid like just under $70 for it.

I am a bit worried about the chrome.

7/10 for me.

One of those figures that I thought I made a mistake but it is actually enjoyable.
    Last edited by drifand; 23rd March 2016 at 09:18 PM.

I'd be tempted to attach MP28's saw to TM Megatron's hand to simulate his playing of the Golden Disc. Sure, it'd be a silver disc, but hey.

initial thoughts: i just transformed him and was pleased it was reasonably quick and simple. I am having a bit of trouble getting him to stand up straight, the feet move easily and he starts to fall backwards.

*i couldn't get him to hold the matrix very well also but i think he's got it now

Only my 3rd MP as I did not want to start collecting them, however after seeing one in the flesh I just had to get one I know what people mean by saying that the ankle joints could be a bit more tight. I personally just make him stand on a wider stance. I find that it does help compensate. Also the clearance is annoying. Really love everything folds into the back pack (even though he looks like a weightlifter who constantly forgets to do leg day ). The arm joints is a bit tricky going from robot mode to car but that's my own personal failings hehehe. All in all, I'm really happy with it.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Why would you not want to collect MPs? They're awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From the thread right below this one! (At the time of posting)

Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    It’s very common now for Transformers discussion taking place on online forums or social media to be centred around Masterpiece or 3rd Party Masterpiece figures, with a ton of other excellent lines, initiatives, aesthetics or size classes receiving less attention or taking a back seat in people’s buying or interest. I myself wrote recently about how important it is to be even more focused than ever, and the article was primarily about the above two categories. This week, I let a few collectors remind us of the benefits and appeal of looking beyond Masterpiece and 3rd Party Masterpiece figures. Having covered Generation 1, Animated and Movie toys myself in the not-too-distant past, our contributors look at City bot-scale TFs, Unicron Trilogy era toys, Legends-class 3rd Party figures and current mainline series figures.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My plastic crack addiction is bad enough already!

Hehehe, I am starting to look but I will have to set boundaries Kazza has been pushing me for a while to jump on the MP bandwagon, we'll see
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    My plastic crack addiction is bad enough already!

Hehehe, I am starting to look but I will have to set boundaries Kazza has been pushing me for a while to jump on the MP bandwagon, we'll see
    Kaz is like that little collecting devil sitting on you shoulder. "You've got to get Eva Prime. Dude, that purple!" I have no willpower...