Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone can help fix this broken figure?

Default anyone can help fix this broken figure?

Hi,

I got the impossible toys nightbird recently but her knee joint was broken when she was taken out of the clamshell:

AS Impossible Toy is out of business, could anyone help fix this figure? Thank you. I am in Sydney.

It is in the wrong board.. could the admin move my post to the fix area?

This looks fixable, it's a hard one but it can be done, it looks like her knee joint pin can't be taken out without some damage to the figure so the best bet is Loctite super glue, unfortunately this isn't cheap in Australia, almost $20.00 at Bunnings, and yet I bought it for $5.00 AUD in the US last year to fix my sunglasses while we were traveling there
    If the original parts of that joint are still inside the knee then you will need the glue and a long pin, just need to dab an amount big enough so that it won't touch any other area inside the joint, then apply the lower limb fimly, it should set within a few seconds and by gently moving the joint back and forth the glue should set without locking then knee.

I hope this helps. This glue has saved me so many times for many years since I decided to buy it instead of the $2.00 crap that claims to be "super".
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Is it a pin in the knee that the broken circle goes around?

If it is you could take the pin out, glue the circle back together and then put it back in the hole and knock the knee pin back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Is it a pin in the knee that the broken circle goes around?

If it is you could take the pin out, glue the circle back together and then put it back in the hole and knock the knee pin back in.
    This is the definite the way to go if you can get the knee pin out.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    This looks fixable, it's a hard one but it can be done, it looks like her knee joint pin can't be taken out without some damage to the figure so the best bet is Loctite super glue, unfortunately this isn't cheap in Australia, almost $20.00 at Bunnings, and yet I bought it for $5.00 AUD in the US last year to fix my sunglasses while we were traveling there
    If the original parts of that joint are still inside the knee then you will need the glue and a long pin, just need to dab an amount big enough so that it won't touch any other area inside the joint, then apply the lower limb fimly, it should set within a few seconds and by gently moving the joint back and forth the glue should set without locking then knee.

I hope this helps. This glue has saved me so many times for many years since I decided to buy it instead of the $2.00 crap that claims to be "super".

Ok.. do I need to get the other half of the circle out of the knee to glue with the lower leg? But if I did that, how could I put it into the knee passing the axis?

Or are you saying I need to get the axis out of the knee too and make it through the circle joint? and then put the whole joint back in?

It is a tiny space in that knee... putting glue inside might stick all parts together in the knee...

Megatran Guest

If you have or access to a 3D printer then you could perhaps reproduce the bottom part of the right leg, give it a coat of paint & reassemble the leg.

Alternatively, you could kindly ask Heather Mills for hers.

So there's a broken half circle piece inside the knee joint? You'll either have to jiggle it out or take apart the upper leg by splitting it in half. I assume that's how they formed the joint in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Alternatively, you could kindly ask Heather Mills for hers.
    Champagne Comedy!

Any chance you could post a couple more photos of the knee and leg from different angles?