Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photocomic: Shut Up!

Default Photocomic: Shut Up!

A photocomic adaptation of the G1 (#282) story "Shut Up!"
    Cover by John Marshall and Pete Venters.

Fin.

I like how Megatron is among the confiscated weaponary...

How in the world did Stranglehold ever get allowed as a childs toy. He's terrifying.

HAh! there goes Gok's carpet hehehehe!! Oooh a cutter.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Awesome toy adaptation of the Earth Force story!

Some people dislike Earth Force because it doesn't fit right in continuity with the rest of the main story but I very much enjoyed them as an alternate telling of events.

Thanks guys.

I also thoroughly enjoy Earthforce, but yeah, it exists outside of mainstream G1 continuity. I think the problem with Earthforce was that it wasn't meant to be out-of-continuity, but it ended up being that way, and I think Furman has semi-officially retconned it as being so. The problem was that Earthforce was a story that Furman devised because Hasbro UK wanted the comics to start featuring the Classic G1 reissues (e.g.: Wheeljack, Prowl, Dinobots, Silverbolt, Tracks etc.). But of course, Hasbro US totally ignored this with their directives to Marvel USA, and were more concerned with having the story in the US comics follow along their toy line - as a result, ignoring the G1 reissues and their place in continuity (Earthforce). So actually, it's not that Earthforce was really written out of continuity... it's more like continuity abandoned Earthforce! Freaky, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    I like how Megatron is among the confiscated weaponary...
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Oooh a cutter.
    I'm glad you guys got those visual in-jokes. There's a few more subtle ones but I'll see if anyone else can spot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    How in the world did Stranglehold ever get allowed as a childs toy. He's terrifying.
    I got those Pretenders from Santa Claus in Xmas of '89. Maybe it was from that really scary robot Santa from Futurama.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I got those Pretenders from Santa Claus in Xmas of '89. Maybe it was from that really scary robot Santa from Futurama.
    Haha, definately! Toys from Neptune!

I mean, it doesn't bother me specifically, it's just when you think about the way toys have become different under the stringent guidelines and laws... how in 89 those toys were perfectly appropriate.

Though I wouldn't have been a subject of that. I was 6 months old as of Christmas 89 :P

Okay, I though you were just kidding before, but you got me stumped. What's so bad about Stranglehold that would make him inappropriate for children?? (O_o) It has no sharp ends, no immediate choking hazards (e.g.: projectile missiles)... I don't get it.

P.S.: Is it his "near nudity"? Cos he's meant to be an intergalactic wrestler, and tbh most regular pro-wrestling figures are waaay more naked than Stranglehold.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    P.S.: Is it his "near nudity"? Cos he's meant to be an intergalactic wrestler, and tbh most regular pro-wrestling figures are waaay more naked than Stranglehold.
    Yeah, you do have an excellent point there Gok. That was the reason though.

Still, well done with the Photocomic.