Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Red Alert + is live on PC

I am not sure about the + line, but $100 is an ok price to see if I want to continue with the + MP line
    It's for collectors with + size wallets.

I think I will pass. It just looks more "plain" compared to the initial version.

For me it's not so much the plain factor as the fact that he's really not that much different from what I've already got.

must not be as popular , still up for pre order on PC

After looking at both the original and this one closely I decided to order it, the colouring's grown on me, I don't have MP Red Alert, and the only cheaper originals I found (as in cheaper then PCs 99.95 MP14+) were all knock offs on evilbay so I figured meh why not

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    It's for collectors with + size wallets.
    Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I think I will pass. It just looks more "plain" compared to the initial version.
    Yep and yep true. This may separate the MP audience with those who will stick to the main stream MP line or going to MP toon accurate line (well depends on which ones are they planning to do).

MP line is already just too luxurious to handle for me to add another line of toon accurate decos and wallet is all (-) atm than (+)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Yep and yep true. This may separate the MP audience with those who will stick to the main stream MP line or going to MP toon accurate line (well depends on which ones are they planning to do).

MP line is already just too luxurious to handle for me to add another line of toon accurate decos and wallet is all (-) atm than (+)
    I don't think it separates anything. I am buying only because I don't have red alert period. You be missing out on any MP if you were to "predict" if there is going to be an "anime" version and personally I don't think is worth waiting.

This is the first recolour during my active collecting time that wasn't stupidly expensive that I actively don't want, because its a weak attempt at moneymaking by them. Obscure characters as recolours? At least they're different colours to make the cabinet pop more.

Having said that, I got one... I have every other newly scaled MP, if it's the only "+" release then I'll take it for completeness - I'll re-evaluate going forward if they start smashing out anime colours for virtually every mold. While it would be awesome to have 2 of each toy (1 bot mode and 1 alt mode) and them both actually being different, financially that isnt gonna work.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

New MP's are going to be looked at with an even finer scope to see how different they are from the anime version, and any differences will raise a lot of uncertainty over whether a + version will be released.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    New MP's are going to be looked at with an even finer scope to see how different they are from the anime version, and any differences will raise a lot of uncertainty over whether a + version will be released.
    I so want a + Grimlock/Optimus/Soundwave as I think is a refreshing look and I always didn't like how mp-10 is currently is. Tint the windows light blue, light up the dead eyes, get rid of the sickening translucent yellow bits and damn center screw, heck I don't want a transforming rifle, just do a solid yellow piece like MP-1

But saying this, is not a priority over NEW Mps I like to see.