Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara Masterpiece (and other) coins & premiums

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I'll be willing to purchase one of your spare King Grimlock coins. PM incoming.
    Kazza, you definitely can have first dibs on my spare... BUT my question to everyone is can you legally post these coins to Oz from an International destination without AusPost confiscating them? Has anyone had a coin shipped to them from overseas?

When I look at their definitions they classify "coins" as a "valuable item" coming from an International destination and thus not permitted for delivery into Australia. Would the MP coins count even though they are a non-denmination non-precious metal collectable coin.
    I know in NZ you can't post "collectables" as they confiscate them for some bizarre reason as well so you have to use different descriptions on the customs declarations.
    Not so easy with an obviously shaped coin going through an x-ray scanner.

I just wouldn't want to ship one only to have customs stop it at the border. That would SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Kazza, you definitely can have first dibs on my spare... BUT my question to everyone is can you legally post these coins to Oz from an International destination without AusPost confiscating them? Has anyone had a coin shipped to them from overseas?

When I look at their definitions they classify "coins" as a "valuable item" coming from an International destination and thus not permitted for delivery into Australia. Would the MP coins count even though they are a non-denmination non-precious metal collectable coin.
    I know in NZ you can't post "collectables" as they confiscate them for some bizarre reason as well so you have to use different descriptions on the customs declarations.
    Not so easy with an obviously shaped coin going through an x-ray scanner.

I just wouldn't want to ship one only to have customs stop it at the border. That would SUCK!
    I can't imagine it having any issues as it is not currency, plus I've had a few shipped by themselves to Perth AU without any issue whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I can't imagine it having any issues as it is not currency, plus I've had a few shipped by themselves to Perth AU without any issue whatsoever.
    Millhouse, what did they use as the custom declaration?
    Would it be something like "collectable toy coin"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Millhouse, what did they use as the custom declaration?
    Would it be something like "collectable toy coin"?
    Last one was marked as "Transformers coin" but you could use the word medallion instead.

I've had two MP coins shipped to me from Hong Kong before no problems, I think the wording was similar to millhouse's, something like transformers coin or toy collectible.
    If I can find the envelope (this was a few years back but I might still have it somewhere lol) I'll let you know the exact details.

EDIT: Looking back at things I've had shipped from the states to me in Aus I also had a lot of random coins from ebay sent to me as well, some collectors coins but others actual old currency, the customs declaration was just "Bulk lot of assorted coins" and that also got to me without issues, so should be fine just putting "transformers toy coin"

I just remembered MP-01B came with an exclusive comic through ehobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I just remembered MP-01B came with an exclusive comic through ehobby.
    how about MP3G Starscream Ghost Ver.? i remember i saw one sold with a comic as well before

anyway also Encore 23 G1 Fort Max Reissue has a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    how about MP3G Starscream Ghost Ver.? i remember i saw one sold with a comic as well before

anyway also Encore 23 G1 Fort Max Reissue has a coin.
    I cannot find any listings or scans of the comic. So I'm not too sure on with this.

Another MP that had a coin and is missing on your list is MP-14C Clampdown.

looks like that MP3G listing has been out for awhile already but i believe was an AU seller here is one from SG i think

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/...gCw/s-l225.jpg

I don't want my Ironhide coin. What's a decent price?