Thread: Takara Masterpiece (and other) coins & premiums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Also on the issue of the King Grimlock coin... I have 2 of these still sealed.
    Your Soundblaster coin is legit.

I just paid around $80 for the Grimlock coin - the last one I was chasing. Damn you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Your Soundblaster coin is legit.

I just paid around $80 for the Grimlock coin - the last one I was chasing. Damn you. :P
    Hmm - nice to know it is legit. I always just assumed it was fake because I didn't buy a MP figure to be given it and it just sits stored in a box.

I didn't realise the coins were worth anything... sorry. Otherwise I'd have offered one of the Grimlock coins up. I guess living here I kind of take them for granted. Unless you are buying from a Japanese importer the coins are somewhat of a given in most HK retailers these days.

I didn't realise the coins were worth anything... sorry. Otherwise I'd have offered one of the Grimlock coins up. I guess living here I kind of take them for granted. Unless you are buying from a Japanese importer the coins are somewhat of a given in most HK retailers these days.
    Haha, all good! It was one of those that I'd been eyeing for ages and finally bit the bullet on ($92.85). I saw one at a TRU in Singapore when I was travelling about 15 months ago but neglected to ask about it (there was no Grimlock MPs there at the time) and assumed I had it (I had almost every other MP coin at that point). Only later did I realise how difficult it can be to find!

As I get my MPs through Nexusnixx, they usually have the coin/premium included but this coin was distributed a bit differently and as such is a bit of an anomaly.

It's always funny when things that are apparently rare globally are easy to source on your local market. I remember TRU having a tonne of Star Wars Jodo Kast figures (a US Kmart exclusive).

Hmm - nice to know it is legit. I always just assumed it was fake because I didn't buy a MP figure to be given it and it just sits stored in a box.

I'll be willing to purchase one of your spare King Grimlock coins. PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I'll be willing to purchase one of your spare King Grimlock coins. PM incoming.
    Kazza, you definitely can have first dibs on my spare... BUT my question to everyone is can you legally post these coins to Oz from an International destination without AusPost confiscating them? Has anyone had a coin shipped to them from overseas?

When I look at their definitions they classify "coins" as a "valuable item" coming from an International destination and thus not permitted for delivery into Australia. Would the MP coins count even though they are a non-denmination non-precious metal collectable coin.
    I know in NZ you can't post "collectables" as they confiscate them for some bizarre reason as well so you have to use different descriptions on the customs declarations.
    Not so easy with an obviously shaped coin going through an x-ray scanner.

I just wouldn't want to ship one only to have customs stop it at the border. That would SUCK!

Kazza, you definitely can have first dibs on my spare... BUT my question to everyone is can you legally post these coins to Oz from an International destination without AusPost confiscating them? Has anyone had a coin shipped to them from overseas?

When I look at their definitions they classify "coins" as a "valuable item" coming from an International destination and thus not permitted for delivery into Australia. Would the MP coins count even though they are a non-denmination non-precious metal collectable coin.
    I know in NZ you can't post "collectables" as they confiscate them for some bizarre reason as well so you have to use different descriptions on the customs declarations.
    Not so easy with an obviously shaped coin going through an x-ray scanner.

I just wouldn't want to ship one only to have customs stop it at the border. That would SUCK!
    I can't imagine it having any issues as it is not currency, plus I've had a few shipped by themselves to Perth AU without any issue whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I can't imagine it having any issues as it is not currency, plus I've had a few shipped by themselves to Perth AU without any issue whatsoever.
    Millhouse, what did they use as the custom declaration?
    Would it be something like "collectable toy coin"?

Millhouse, what did they use as the custom declaration?
    Would it be something like "collectable toy coin"?
    Last one was marked as "Transformers coin" but you could use the word medallion instead.