Thread: BotCon 2016 - Transformers: Unity

Default BotCon 2016 - Transformers: Unity

G'Day all,

As you're all aware, BotCon 2016 will have a Beast Wars theme in celebration of the 20th Anniversary. When this news first broke, my mind began to race with ideas for the convention comic. It probably comes as no surprise to any of you that it's a dream of mine to have something I've written canonised in an official Transformers comic.

I contacted FunPub to see if they'd be open to me pitching them an idea for the comic. Unfortunately, they weren't.

But the idea for the story wouldn't leave me alone, so I put pen to paper. The result -- Transformers: Unity

It was a fun little story to put together, especially coming up with another origin story for the Tripredacus Council. The story also utilises the Predacus combiner whose toys will be released at the convention.

Read, comment and enjoy!
    - Verno.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

About to say did you steal Verno's work, then I read your verno. As I said on the BW Appreciation thread: Great read.

Good read.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I contacted FunPub to see if they'd be open to me pitching them an idea for the comic. Unfortunately, they weren't.
    Haven't had a read yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keep it, and then use a couple of years later without telling you (or adapt it themselves) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    About to say did you steal Verno's work, then I read your verno. As I said on the BW Appreciation thread: Great read.
    Haha, yeah I try to post as widely as I can to drum up interest.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Good read.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Haven't had a read yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keep it, and then use a couple of years later without telling you (or adapt it themselves) :P
    Well, if they do, we've got the evidence

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Here's the logo for the story:

Using their puppets within the Predacon faction to bring the planet to its knees, the Quintessons have returned to reclaim Cybertron. In the streets, Sharkticons run riot, and a small band of Maximals (and one honour-bound Predacon) flee for their lives. But the will of Primus has greater designs for these seven brave Sparks. With Cybertron as the prize, there is more than one play for power at hand.