Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Excerpt from Blog: Sharkticons. In G1 they worked for the Quintessons. In IDW they worked for the Junkions. Whatever the place in the Multiverse, it always seems to be the fate of the Sharkticons to be the serving class – rotund warriors who turn into savage shark… thingies.

Gnaw got his first new toy in thirty years with his 2016 Titans Return figure. It was much beloved, especially since he was so small and cheap that you could by a ton of him! Well now three years after that Gnaw is taking his first steps into the Multiverse with a bigger (if somewhat similar figure). So let’s chomp down on Cyberverse Gnaw.

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 18th September 2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Apologies, now that TinyPic has gone out of business (as you can see from all the above images disappearing) I am currently shopping round for a decent (and free) image hosting site so I can attach images here. If anyone has any suggestions please yell out

Excerpt from Blog: Season 2 of Cyberverse has just started to air in Australia and more Cyberverse toys are hitting the shelves. One of the latest ones is a character who ironically died in a flashback back in Season 1. So let’s have a look at that grand old sage, one of the Original 13 and Matrix-babysitter for hire: Ultra-Class Alpha Trion.

Hey Trev, I use Image BB for linking my pics here. Haven't had any issues with it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hey Trev, I use Image BB for linking my pics here. Haven't had any issues with it.
    Cheers for the suggestion mate I ended up signing up with Imgur, will see how it goes

Sorry guys, for some reason the desktop version of this site doesn't allow proper editing so I can't do my usual thing. Anyway:

Excerpt from Blog: Impactor did not get an official toy for many years. In fact it wasn’t until the Generations FOC toyline in 2013 he got his first one, a kinda weird redo of FOC Onslaught. Then a few years later in 2016 Impactor got a Timelines toy that was infinitely cooler, yet as a redo of CW Rook still didn’t tick all the boxes that fans of the G1 Comics Impactor required.

Well here we are in 2019 and Impactor has finally gotten a figure designed specifically for him. And damn it’s a beauty! So let’s have a look at Siege Deluxe Class Impactor.

READ Toy Review - Siege Impactor HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Being one of my very favourite characters I was extremely chuffed to hear we would be getting a Titan class Omega Supreme toy. Whilst I really liked my YOTS Omega, his alt-mode had nothing to do with the G1 character. Likewise I loved Omega in the Animated cartoon, but he never got a toy at all. So when it was announced that Omega Supreme would be getting a huge new toy which was based, in both modes, on his G1 incarnation, I gave a little squeal of geeky delight!

READ Toy Review: Siege Omega Supreme HERE

Excerpt from Blog:
    Ok, c’mon Trev, be objective here…

Do not come across like a teenage girl at a ‘One Direction’ reunion concert screaming ‘Oh they are so dreamy! I want to have their babies!’

Be harsh mate, be scathing, pull apart song by song to find any fault so that you can give a frank assessment of this CD….

… f@*$ it, I can’t! Its just too good!

READ Album Review: Cybertronic Spree - Transformers 1986 HERE

Excerpt from Blog: The War for Cybertron Siege toyline has had a whopping nine Selects figures released this year. Some such as Redwing have been virtually impossible for overseas collectors to get their hands on at a reasonable price. But some have been released through multiple US online stores making things a bit easier, and today we are looking at the latest wave of them, consisting of the Powerdashers Cromar and Zetar, and the always mysterious Nightbird.

READ Toys Review: Selects: Cromar, Zetar and Nightbird HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Mirage is one of those middle-of-the-road Autobot Car characters in terms of popularity, and this is reflected in the amount of toys based on him over the years. Whilst not super-rare like say Grapple, not super popular like Sideswipe or Prowl either.
    So in 2019 Mirage has finally gotten another G1-based figure, albeit with a Cybertronian alt-mode. So let’s have a look at Siege Mirage.

READ Toy Review - Siege Mirage HERE

Excerpt from Blog: After a bit of net searching, and eschewing the ludicrously priced ones on eBay, I was able to track down for a reasonable cost yet another CD of covers of The Transformers 1986 Animated Movie: Respect The Prime 1986 Revisited.

READ Album Review: Respect The Prime 1986 Revisited HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Living in the bush I don’t get to see other Transformer fans very often. I don’t get to pop over to a mate’s house to see his latest acquisitions. I don’t attend meets, I don’t go to pop culture conventions, hell I don’t even get to visit toy stores. So when it comes to talking to others about a shared hobby I have to rely almost solely on the internet.

But the way a large segment of the fandom has been going in the last few years, I find myself thinking more often than not why I bother.

So when I go home tonight, I won’t be surfing the big Transformer sites. I'm going to try my best to practice what I'm preaching and be a chilled out fan. I’m going to open up a bunch of new figures I just got and play with them with my son, as a reminder to myself that this hobby should be positive, should be fun, and in the end is about plastic toy robots.

READ Can the Transformers fandom just chill out a bit? HERE