Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Excerpt from Blog: It's become an accepted fact now that the Generations Selects line is going to be part of the Transformers toyline for the foreseeable future. Whilst annoying that one can never simply walk into a store and purchase one of these figures, at least they are still easier to obtain than store-exclusive figures (most often only obtainable in the US).

Most Generations Selects figures are either simple recolours or slight retools of toys from the main line. And today figure is no different. So without further ado lets take a look at WFC-GS11 Decepticon Exhaust

READ Toy Review - WFC-GS11 Exhaust HERE

Excerpt from Blog: How long have we been waiting for an official G1 Quintesson toy? The time seems immeasurable…

… well, not really. Thirty four years. 34 damn years since Transformer fans first saw those 5-faced tentacles monstrosities passing judgement on Lithone and Cybertronian alike, having their victims thrown into the Sharkticon tank. And we've wanted a toy ever since!

But now we finally have what we have been waiting for – and it even transforms! Geewunners put your drool-bibs on as we look at the Earthrise Quintesson Judge.

READ Toy Review - Earthrise Quintesson Judge HERE

We've been waiting 34 years, and it could be some more months for me till my order via Little Toy Company arrives. Having said that, in my youth I never really expected these to exist anyway, so this is a bonus. I'd have accepted the Quintesson as an Action Master packaged with, say, Slitherfang to justify it as a Transformer. The prison mode is a bit random but does nothing to detract from the character mode, and the gimmick is a blast. Can you fold the faces back down once you've removed the prison cell? If so then it is a cute accessory to stand alongside the mostly intact figure. Either way, I'm looking forward to this bonkers toy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Excerpt from Blog: Mirage is one of those middle-of-the-road Autobot Car characters in terms of popularity, and this is reflected in the amount of toys based on him over the years. Whilst not super-rare like say Grapple, not super popular like Sideswipe or Prowl either.
    So in 2019 Mirage has finally gotten another G1-based figure, albeit with a Cybertronian alt-mode. So let’s have a look at Siege Mirage.

READ Toy Review - Siege Mirage HERE

Am I the only one who has a problem with Siege Mirage having the front of a car on the backside of its car mode, so that it looks like it could drive in both directions. Did they not even try to hide it... or not have a fake car front as the robot chest, which defeats the whole point of having car kibble in robot mode if that kibble isn't even part of the car mode.

Yeah I know... welcome to 2019. I'm a "little" behind on opening up my toys, and opened up both Siege Mirage toys on the weekend, to major disappointment. (and I couldn't find a Mirage toy review in this section, and this was the only review posting in here for it - and even the review on Trev's blog doesn't even mention the front-car-butt)
    I do like the robot mode, but the car mode is very deformed... so why not deform it more and hide the fake car kibble.

Just wait until you handle a Spinister mould...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Just wait until you handle a Spinister mould...
    Yeah, I know about Spinister... it certainly caused a stir among fanboys at the time (and technically, Rotorstorm has 3 cockpits, as the chest deco is supposed to resemble the original toy having the cockpit on the chest).
    I'm just surprised that I didn't see or hear anything about Mirage having the front of a car sticking out of it's car-ass. It's like it is giving birth to a mini Mirage...

lol that image...
    I'm a bit miffed that they haven't given Mirage the Earthrise makeover

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Am I the only one who has a problem with Siege Mirage having the front of a car on the backside of its car mode, so that it looks like it could drive in both directions. Did they not even try to hide it... or not have a fake car front as the robot chest, which defeats the whole point of having car kibble in robot mode if that kibble isn't even part of the car mode.

Yeah I know... welcome to 2019. I'm a "little" behind on opening up my toys, and opened up both Siege Mirage toys on the weekend, to major disappointment. (and I couldn't find a Mirage toy review in this section, and this was the only review posting in here for it - and even the review on Trev's blog doesn't even mention the front-car-butt)
    I do like the robot mode, but the car mode is very deformed... so why not deform it more and hide the fake car kibble.
    I also had this problem Griff.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

When you have mirage in hand the whole front-car butt thing kind of isnt a thing if he is in car mode facing forward or if he is in robot mode with other bots. You only notice it when its being picked up in car mode.

I thought it might of annoyed me as well but its only when watching people review it and it is being constantly being rotated that you notice it.

Excerpt from Blog: Excerpt from Blog: The original Headmaster Horrorcons were G1 toys that kinda had it all. They were triple changers, they had beast modes, they had jet modes AND they were Headmasters where the Nebulan partner also triple-changed – becoming the head of the robot and of the beast. Combine all this with the fact that they also showed up in the season 4 of G1 cartoon before it’s end and these were sought after figures!
    However for those wanting representations of these figures but can’t afford the huge amounts the originals go for – fear not! They are back in the new toylines! Last year saw the release of Apeface in the Siege line and this year we get his partner in the Earthrise line. So without further ado, let’s have a look at War for Cybertron Snapdragon.

READ Toy Review - Earthrise Snapdragon HERE