Released here - June 2024
Approximate Retail Price - $55
Approximate Size - 15.7cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Spaceship^Astro Magnum pistol
Main Features/Gimmicks - comic inspired colours, light piping
Main Colours - lavender with black accents
Main Accessories - Optimus Prime's head^the Creation Matrix, harness/stand

NOTE: Refer to the Siege Shockwave review thread for comments about the original mould. This review thread will focus on differences made.

I personally got this toy (as a gift) for the Creation Matrix, as the comic coloured Shockwave doesn't appeal to me. As much as the Marvel comics are my favourite source of G1 media, I'm not a fan of the Marvel US comic colouring. Firstly because I don't think that Nel Yomtov was that great a colourist, but also because American comic books used this cheap form of printing that gave us limited grainy colours - very different from the print/colour quality on the Marvel UK comics. Nothing against this toy per se; its purpose is to emulate the Marvel US colours and it does that job quite well. It's just that the Marvel US colouring is something that doesn't appeal to me. It'd be different if this toy had been based on the iconic issue 5 cover art by Mark Bright, which is also on the front of the box, but it's not.

Cover art for issue 11, which is when Shockwave discovers that the Matrix is no longer in Prime's head and Buster learns how to use the Matrix. This was my favourite issue in '85. I also discovered what bean bags were when I first read this at a friend's house.

Nel Yomtov's infamous colouring anomalies strike again with a green Bluestreak, but also a rare canonical appearance of red Bumblebee!

Front cover of the box. I would've preferred for the toy to be coloured more like this, but then again, it would probably look too similar to Siege Shockwave.

Inside of the box. I've only removed the Prime head and stand; left Shockers still tied down. Hence why no loose or alt mode images.

The Matrix!

"Buster" discovers Optimus Prime's head (okay, it's Spike, but only because a Buster Witwicky toy has yet to be made)

OVERALL: If you're the kind of person who really digs seeing these Marvel US colours on toys, then this Shockwave may appeal to you. I don't think it's worth buying otherwise just for the Prime head and stand (even if it is finally an accessory based on the Matrix's first appearance!). For this reason I've voted on "Only if...". I will also give it credit for finally ditching all those spaceship accessories from Siege Shockwave and bringing the price down to a Voyager instead of Leader Class. This mould was always a great Voyager but underwhelming Leader.