G1 Universe SOUNDWAVE
Series - Generations
Sub-line - Legacy
Hypo-line - United
Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco - repaint of WFC Trilogy Soundwave
Micromaster Components - G1 Universe Buzzsaw, G1 Universe Ravage, G1 Universe Rumble
Wave - 3
Released here - September 2024
Approximate Retail Price - $95
Approximate Size - 15.5cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - portable radio cassette player
Main Features/Gimmicks - holds "cassette" Transformers
Main Colours - blue and grey with gold accents
Main Accessories - x3 guns

Note: Buzzsaw is a repaint of WFC Trilogy Laserbeak, Ravage is a repaint of Siege Ravage, and Rumble is a repaint of SS86 Rumble

SOUNDWAVE
Soundwave is a straight-up repaint of WFC Trilogy Soundwave, who in turn is a retool of Siege Soundwave. Even as someone who normally doesn't have a preference for cartoony colours, the execution on this toy is exquisitely well done, including golden chest door hinges and red stripes on the weapons. Hasbro designer Mark Maher commented on how this toy now has consistent silver-grey colouration, unlike WFCT Soundwave which had inconsistent shades of grey (with the upper legs becoming discoloured over time due to poor plastic QC). Hopefully this also means that the upper legs are less susceptible to discolouration; because mine have discoloured despite never having been exposed to sunlight.

BUZZSAW
As even Mark Maher has said, we finally have Buzzsaw. I can't believe it's taken half a decade, but Buzzsaw has finally been done! He's very much a paint-by-numbers redeco of Laserbeak, but honestly, that's all Buzzsaw ever needs to be (which is why it's confounding that it's taken Hasbro this long to do something so basically simple). They've also given Buzzsaw a black neck and legs instead of grey like on Laserbeak, although this has made Ravage entirely black.

RAVAGE
Ravage's cassette mode is the same as WFCT Ravage. The robot mode differs in that the neck and legs are now all black instead of grey, due to the shared gang-moulded parts being black on Buzzsaw. On the plus side, the eyes are now G1-accurately yellow, the the teeth are painted silver. Still a rubbish mould though.

RUMBLE
This toy is odd. At first glance, he appears to be sporting G1 Frenzy's blue colouration, but he's actually purple. This makes him inaccurate to G1 Frenzy's navy blue, and Sunbow Rumble's lavender blue (which SS86 Rumble has anyway). I don't know why Hasbro didn't just make this toy the same blue as Soundwave, and preferrably called it Frenzy... but honestly, names are something I can head-canon around, but not plastic colours. Why is he purple?!
I have personally repurposed this toy as Frenzy, but the purple instead of blue... I cannot unsee this!

OVERALL
Objectively speaking, this set isn't worth its price point. You have a Voyager Class Soundwave ($50) along with 3 Micromaster Cassettes, which sold for $20 for 2, so let's call it $30 for 3. So in total, it's about $80 worth of value in a $95 Leader Class set. Now, subjectively speaking we have: an improved Soundwave with more paint apps and finally the chance to own Buzzsaw - this makes it worth it in my mind, but admittedly I'm biased because I really wanted Buzzsaw. This set is actually Legacy Buzzsaw & Friends to me, so this is admittedly a very subjective opinion. So in answering the poll question, I'm going with "Only if something else," with that something else entirely depending on how far you're willing to go to have Buzzsaw. But TBH, if you're as willing as me to shell out for Buzzsaw, then you've already made up your mind and why are you reading this review?