Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Excerpt from Blog: Living in the bush I don’t get to see other Transformer fans very often. I don’t get to pop over to a mate’s house to see his latest acquisitions. I don’t attend meets, I don’t go to pop culture conventions, hell I don’t even get to visit toy stores. So when it comes to talking to others about a shared hobby I have to rely almost solely on the internet.

But the way a large segment of the fandom has been going in the last few years, I find myself thinking more often than not why I bother.

So when I go home tonight, I won’t be surfing the big Transformer sites. I'm going to try my best to practice what I'm preaching and be a chilled out fan. I’m going to open up a bunch of new figures I just got and play with them with my son, as a reminder to myself that this hobby should be positive, should be fun, and in the end is about plastic toy robots.

READ Can the Transformers fandom just chill out a bit? HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Today at the New York Toyfair the world was treated to the teaser trailer for the new Transformers cartoon trilogy coming to Netflix later this year - War For Cybertron: Siege. Even though this has been touted as ‘Anime’ we are getting a CGI cartoon like the Power of the Prime’s trilogy rather than some stylized Japanese animation. Based mainly on the Siege Toyline, but also reminiscent of the opening sequence to the 2018 Bumblebee Movie, this cartoon has kept many of us in keen anticipation and is set in the final stages of their war on Cybertron.

READ AND WATCH Siege Trailer Character Breakdown and analysis HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Thanks to Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast, BigAngryTrev.com has once again been given an exclusive reveal for the Transformers: Trading Card Game to share with the world! Rather than a new character, this card is an Upgrade – Armour card from the new Titan Master packs that will be available later in the year.

READ Exclusive Card Reveal: Electro-Optic Visor HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Well the Transformer Wrist-Rest Mouse Pads continue unabated. Having done the most popular and well known female Transformer characters such as Arcee, Black Arachnia, Elita-1 and Windblade, the makers are now moving on to the B-Listers of the femmebot world. And B is correct as while one of these characters is a Femmebot that has been around in the background for 35 years, another isn’t a Femmebot at all!

READ Moonracer & Cyber Bee Mouse Pads HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Transformer fans sometimes fight over the silliest things - then I guess that's what the Internet is for. One of the most enduring arguments over the decades has been 'which was a better series: Generation One or Beast Wars'.

Personally I've never really weighed in on the debate as I enjoy them both. Both had some great cartoon episodes, both produced some fantastic toys, both have contributed a huge amount to the enduring Transformers mythos. So why the debate even exists is beyond me.

But exist it does.

In an effort to bring decades of arguing to an end I have examined the issue and, through scientific experimentation and logical deduction, found an answer to this long pondered question.

WATCH Video: Generation One vs Beast Wars - the DEFINITIVE answer HERE

Warning: Bad Language and Toy-on-Toy Violence

Excerpt from Blog:The Warrior Class toys from the Cyberverse line had gotten a reputation for being pretty poor, and for the most part that rep was deserved. The simplistic paint jobs, transformations and lacklustre modes have made many of these figures an easy pass for most collectors.

However thankfully, like the cartoon which got pretty damn good in seasons 2 and 3, the powers that be decided to improve the Cyberverse toyline too. And they have done so by introducing the Deluxe Class. This class is used by the Generations line and usually involves a higher degree of sophistication in all facets when compared to the Warrior Class, and of late has included blast effects that can be attached to characters weapons.

So lets have a look at the first wave of the Cyberverse Deluxe Class figures – Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave.

READ Cyberverse Deluxe Class Toy Reviews - Wave 1 HERE

Excerpt from Blog: There have already been two Grimlocks in the Authentics line. If one were to use classifications from the Generations line you would say a ‘Scout’ class and a ‘Deluxe’ class. Both were OK looking, but of course not brilliant and made of extremely cheap materials. Hasbro has decided to continue with this theme but upscale it, so let’s have a look at the new Titan Changer class of Authentics toy with an all new Grimlock figure.

READ Toy Review - Titan Changer Grimlock HERE