Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Excerpt from Blog: Transformer fans had mixed reactions when we saw the return of the Micromasters a couple of years ago. On the one hand it was great to get new versions of characters we hadn’t seen since 89/90. On the other their joints were often weak and their combined weapons modes were more often than not fairly crap.

Then this year we got a new spin on the whole Micromaster gimmick. Back in the day some of them had bases that transformed from things like airports into battle stations with Micromasters manning them – very cool with a lot of play value. Now those classic bases are coming back but now have a third and fourth mode – robot and Modulator armor/weaponary.

The first of these figures released was earlier this year in the Earthrise line with Ironworks. So let’s see how his Decepticon counterpart is getting on in the new millennium with Generations Selects Greasepit.

READ Toy Review - WFC-GS12 Greasepit HERE

Excerpt from Blog: It’s been a while but we welcome the return of the very popular Transformer Fan Interviews! In this latest interview with Aussie TF collectors we are talking to Steve, a great bloke I was privileged to meet at a Collectormania Toy Fair and who, like me, was an avid Transformers TCG player. So lets chat to this fine fellow and avid collector of all things Cybertronian.

READ Transformer Fan Interview - Steve HERE

Nicee review and follow up posts moved to the 3P section - here

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Excerpt from Blog: Transformers Battlegrounds is the first Gaming Console game released by the Transformers brand since Devastation several years ago and takes a much different tack to its predecessors. Whilst previous Transformer console games have been primarily 3rd person shooters such as War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, or hack & slash like Devastation, Transformers Battlegrounds is a strategy turn-based game where you (as a hovering human) control a group of bots below to work your way through levels until you have the obligatory ‘boss battle’ at the end.

READ Game Review - Transformers Battlegrounds HERE

Excerpt from Blog:
    Iaconus was actually a pretty cool character – a War Titan under the command of Alchemist Prime (MacAddams) he was responsible for smashing a lot of alien planets, before going dormant back on Cybertron. The city of Iacon was built on top of him and the only part of him that remained above the surface got turned by Alchemist Prime into MacAddams Old Oil House.

Well this Titan has managed to get a figure in before the Cyberverse line comes to an end. So lets have a look at Ultimate Class Iaconus.

READ Toy Review - Ultimate Class Iaconus HERE

Thrusters in front (assuming there are thrusters behind as well)probably help him slow down or stop esp. when entering a planets orbit.

Excerpt from Blog: BIG ANGRY TREV is back on the airways!

That’s right, after a 20 year hiatus I’m back on the radio baby! You my loyal readers can now also become my loyal listeners! On various Thursday nights (dates to be constantly updated) from 6pm to 9pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) Big Angry Trev will be on the air, bringing you a multitude of brilliant musical hits as well as my patented snappy banter. You can listen on the radio or online at KRR-FM 98.7.

As readers of my blog would be aware, I’m a big Transformers nut. As a result I have the Soundtracks to all of the TF movies. Each radio show, after the 7pm weather, I’ll be having Transformer Talk.

Transformer Talk will be a brief chat about anything Transformers people would care to know, followed by a Transformer song picked by the audience.

So in the comments section of the post on my blog, nominate something you would like me to talk about. It could be as simple as ‘Who is your favourite Combaticon’ to something more overarching such as ‘What is your opinion on the Cyberverse cartoon and toyline as a whole’.

Also, nominate which song from the following list you would like to hear played. For my second show and the first week of the competition I will be playing a song from the 1986 Animated Movie.

The song with the most votes will get played this Thursday the 10th of December 2020 after 7pm.

READ Big Angry Trev is back on the air! TF Competition! HERE

Excerpt from Blog: As the Earthrise portion of the War for Cybertron toy trilogy wraps up in preparation for the Kingdom line, people are still receiving exclusives that have been ordered and delayed due to the Covid Crisis.

I’ve just received one of these exclusives and it contains two characters that have historically been very hard to get in the Generations line. So without further ado let’s look at the Paradron Medics duo from the Galactic Odyssey Collection – Ratchet and Lifeline.

READ Toys Review - Galactic Odyssey Ratchet & Lifeline HERE

Excerpt from Blog: With Haslab’s Unicron due to ship out in a few months and 2021 being the 35th anniversary of The Transformers: The Movie, it’s seems the perfect time for Hasbro to cash in on the nostalgia that still surrounds this cult classic movie to this day.

To this end, their higher end Studio Series line is taking a departure from the live-action movies to make figures intended to look as much like their onscreen counterparts as possible from the 1986 animated movie. The preview pictures online have had many fans frothing from the mouth with excitement and today we get to look at two of the Voyager class figures – Scourge and Hot Rod.

READ TOYS REVIEW – STUDIO SERIES HOT ROD & SCOURGE HERE

Excerpt from Blog: This month – January 2021 – marks 20 years of me being an adult collector of Transformers.

It also marks the 20 year anniversary of my first (very short lived) marriage. And the two are not unconnected.

READ How my 20 Years as an Adult TF Collector Began HERE