Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Angry Trev's Website - articles of interest (Non-TF)

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    All the best Trev. Stay safe mate and as always, if you need a place to house your collection I am happy to offer mine
    I'll bear that in mind

Excerpt from Blog: As of writing this the western edge of the Kerry Ridge Fire is about 5km from our farm. Due to this being the worst bushfires in Australia's history, our heroes in Rural Fire Service are severely overstretched. As such, the RFS is extremely busy trying to fight the fire fronts and saving homes, they don't have time to attend every single spotfire that is caused by an ember attack.

So as we can do our small part and try to protect our farm from Spotfire/Ember attack, we converted my 22 year old bush-basher paddock-bomb Ford Courier Ute into a Spotfire Fighting Vehicle.

CHECK OUT: VIDEO: RETROFITTING A UTE TO BECOME A SPOTFIRE FIGHTING VEHICLE HERE

With the Autobot logo on the front you must have given it a name right? If not, What about something like Bushferno. Could be Inferno's uglier bush cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    With the Autobot logo on the front you must have given it a name right? If not, What about something like Bushferno. Could be Inferno's uglier bush cousin
    Oh snap! I kept trying to think of a name for it but couldn’t.

Bushferno - that’s awesome! I’m using it!

Excerpt from Blog: Despite, thankfully, not losing our home like so many other poor souls, our family was affected by the unprecedented bushfires this summer. We had to evacuate our home for an extended period – twice, with the flames getting to within 500m off our back fence and 200m off our side fence. These were scary times for us, like many others across the state. If it wasn’t for the RFS fighting the fires tooth and nail for months on end, I have zero doubt our property would have been consumed and they have our families eternal thanks.

So the RFS saved our home, but what saved our sanity? Easy to answer – community, friends and family. Without these people my wife and I would have descended into madness long ago, and ours is a tale of how people pulling together made what was a terrible experience so much less worse than it could have been.

READ The RFS saved our farm from bushfires and friends & family saved our sanity HERE

Excerpt from Blog: Here in Australia, much like the rest of the world, supermarkets are experiencing massive runs on toilet paper. People are buying hundreds of rolls at a time to stockpile and shelves empty as fast as they can be restocked. So right now it’s a good time to own shares in a loo-paper company.

In fact one might say it’s a very good time to own shares. Almost a suspiciously good time.

That’s right – COVID-19 is not a natural virus! It is a synthetic virus. And who created this virus? THE TOILET PAPER INDUSTRY!

READ Coronavirus: The Toilet Paper Conspiracy HERE

Soooo..... mocking of someone for being white or black is obviously abhorrent. However why is mocking someone for having a Red complexion 'harmless good-natured fun'?

Guess what? It's NOT. It's culturally condoned Colorism and Shadeism and makes the people it is aimed at feel awful about themsleves.

READ The face of Colorism isn't Red. But it might be yours HERE

Excerpt from Blog: With the lockdown that accompanied the pandemic, like many others I started working from home. This meant I was once again thrust into the position of Househusband, albeit one that still had to get on the computer from time to time to fulfil his work obligations. Now that the lockdown restrictions are easing and I have had to physically return to work 5 days a week, I’m going to voice an opinion that hasn’t been heard much over the last several months.

I liked the lockdown. I enjoyed it!

READ Househusband Tales #10 - I really enjoyed the lockdown HERE

Excerpt from Blog: My wife came home last night with a colouring book for my daughter that she has apparently been requesting for some time. The colouring book is called Poopsie, based on baby unicorns that poop. And judging from a survey of the women at work, yes the baby unicorns do indeed resemble drunk whores!

READ Baby Unicorn Skanks that crap themselves all the rage! HERE

Excerpt from Blog:

Today we have another question from Shannon in Pendle Hill:

‘When you have a Vicks VapoDrop lozenge, where does the mucus in your nose go? It just disappears!’

Well Shannon, be prepared for an answer that will have you locking your doors at night and keeping a watchful eye out for armed incursion teams!

Read Ask Trev: Where does all my mucus go? HERE

Excerpt from Blog: During the summer bushfires we lost power to our home for several days and as such lost everything in our fridges – including my beautiful range of hot sauces. Sniff… dark days indeed.

It’s over half a year later and I’m still slowly building a small collection back up. As such, when I saw some for sale right in the little town we live near, I couldn’t resist grabbing a bottle.

So let’s have a look at the latest offering from Bunsters, subtly titled – SH*T THE BED Aussie Hot Sauce

READ Review: SH*T THE BED Aussie Hot Sauce HERE