Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Toy images

More official images of Studio Series Leader Sludge and the box.

Also, with the "Walmart collector con" online event, more official images and info has been released of this year's batch of Walmart exclusives (wave 6 RED Galvatron and Shockwave, wave 3 Vintage Wolfang and Cybershark, and Legacy Sandstorm, Nightprowler and Buzzsaw).

Transformers: Legacy Deluxe Autobot Nightprowler
    Originally intended to join the ranks of G1 figures, the Transformers: Legacy Deluxe Autobot Nightprowler robot toy was never been released…until now! Nightprowler, a renegade Autobot, hunts in darkness, silently stalking his foes.
    Transformers: Legacy brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse. Figures feature deco inspired by their universe with an updated Generations design. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of Transformers entertainment, the fandoms come together from across the Transformers multiverse, all in one toy line.
    Transformers: Legacy action figures are great kids’ toys and exciting collectibles for fans of all ages.
    Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    Includes: figure, accessory, and instructions.
    Figure scale: 5.5 inches
    Ages 8 and up?Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
    © 2022 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. ?Manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd.

• NEVER-BEFORE RELEASED DESIGN: This Transformers: Legacy 5.5-inch Autobot Nightprowler robot toy was originally intended to join the ranks of G1 figures, but was never released…until now! Featuring a Generations-style design
    • UNIVERSES COLLIDE: Universes collide with Transformers: Legacy! This epic line of Transformers toys brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse
    • 2 EPIC MODES: Action figure converts from robot to snow leopard mode in 20 steps. Features intricate molded fur texture, articulated lower jaw, and detailed claws for more realistic snow leopard poses
    • TAIL BECOMES TAIL WHIP: Tail detaches from snow leopard mode during conversion and becomes tail whip accessory that can be held by figure in robot mode
    • EXPAND YOUR MULTIVERSE COLLECTION: Look for other Transformers: Legacy figures to build out your Transformers multiverse collection and create your own crossover stories! (Each sold separately; subject to availability)
    Transformers: Legacy Buzzsaw
    From the world of Beast Wars, universes collide with the Transformers: Legacy Buzzsaw robot toy! Buzzsaw always brags about his recon missions. In reality, he prefers the long-range approach to avoid coming face-to-face with enemies.
    Transformers: Legacy brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse. Figures feature deco inspired by their universe with an updated Generations design. In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of Transformers entertainment, the fandoms come together from across the Transformers multiverse, all in one toy line.
    Transformers: Legacy action figures are great kids’ toys and exciting collectibles for fans of all ages.
    Includes: figure, accessory, and instructions.
    Ages 8 and up?Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
    © 2022 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. ?Manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd.
    • BEAST WARS-INSPIRED DESIGN: This Transformers: Legacy 5.5-inch Buzzsaw robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Beast Wars: Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design
    • UNIVERSES COLLIDE: Universes collide with Transformers: Legacy! This epic line of Transformers toys brings together fan-favorite characters from across the Transformers multiverse
    • 2 EPIC MODES: Action figure converts from robot to yellow jacket mode in 20 steps. and Transformers toy features articulated mandibles and iridescent eyes and wings
    • BEAST WARS-INSPIRED ACCESSORY: Stinger detaches from wasp mode during conversion and becomes a blaster accessory that can be held by the figure in robot mode
    • EXPAND YOUR TRANSFORMERS MULTIVERSE: Look for other Transformers: Legacy figures to build out your Transformers multiverse collection and create your own crossover stories! (Each sold separately, subject to availability)
    Transformers: Legacy Deluxe Predacon Sandstorm
    From the world of Beast Wars, universes collide with the Transformers: Legacy Deluxe Predacon Sandstorm robot toy! Sandstorm bides his time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
    Includes: figure, 2 accessories, and instructions.

BEAST WARS-INSPIRED DESIGN: This Transformers: Legacy 5.5-inch Predacon Sandstorm robot toy is inspired by the animated series, Beast Wars: Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design
    • 2 EPIC MODES: Action figure converts from robot to scorpion mode in 24 steps. Transformers toy features claw and tail articulation that allows for more realistic scorpion poses and with intricate scorpion-inspired molded texture
    • BEAST WARS-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: Comes with Mega Missile and Cyber bee drone accessories that can be inserted into the figure’s claws
    • EXPAND YOUR MULTIVERSE COLLECTION: Look for other Transformers: Legacy figures to build out your Transformers multiverse collection and create your own crossover stories! (Each sold separately, subject to availability)

From the recent official reveal of this year's Walmart exclusives, these are the Hasbro Pulse listings, which have a number of new official images, and notes their expected release dates (some are not expected to be released until December!)

Note - We won't be getting the RED toys here, we are not likely to get the BW toys, and it's 50-50 for the Legacy toys.

Legacy
    - Autobot Nightprowler (DLX - redeco KD Cheetor) - December - us$25
    - Buzzsaw (DLX - redeco KD Waspinator) - December - us$25
    - Predacon Sandstorm (DLX - redeco KD Scorponok) - December - us$25

Vintage Beast Wars
    - Wolfang - September - us$25 (Walmart listing has August)
    - Cybershark - September - us$25 (Walmart listing has June)

R.E.D.
    - Galvatron - August - us$25
    - Shockwave - August - us$25

Meanwhile, Hasbro Pulse has also listed the new Botbots toys, which was also seen at other places last week, and Hasbro Pulse have also listed the packs in bundles, that you'd just have to hope you get one of each pack... which will still end up with duplicates, but not as many as if you get duplicate packs.

24 in single packs - us$72
    20 in 4 x 5-packs - us$44
    32 in 4 x 8-packs - us$63
    8 in 2 vehicle packs (4 with each vehicle) - us$42

That's a total of 84 toys, and there is supposed to be 75 different ones, which means only 9 duplicates this time, so maybe Hasbro are learning, that collectors are put off by blind packs and random picks (on online listings like Amazon) wasting a lot of money to collect the set and then not wanting to do that next time.

The prices on Hasbro Pulse are about the same as what was on Entertainment Earth the other day... which didn't make much sense, but I just had another look at their prices, and they have fixed them, to match the number of Botbots you are getting with each bundle at about us$2 per Botbot...

Singles (24 packs) - us$44 (24 toys)
    5-packs (4 packs) - us$44 (20 toys)
    8-packs (4 packs) - us$63 (32 toys)
    Vehicle packs (2 packs) - us$63 (8 toys and 2 vehicles)
    Last edited by griffin; 31st March 2022 at 08:14 PM.

Just noting that the release date for the Botbots toys is April on the Hasbro Pulse site, but is September on the Entertainment Earth site.

BigBadToyStore also has "3rd quarter" which is about September... and has similar prices to Hasbro Pulse, so the best option is a mix of different sources for the set (EE is $30 cheaper for the singles, but $20 more expensive for the vehicle packs - everyone is about the same for the 5-packs and 8-packs).

Pics have been released of Motormaster.

Attachment 6604

1649764055564.jpg

1649763976354.jpg

1649763911657.jpg

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

The images have come from one of the official Chinese Hasbro sites, and can be seen here with watermarks. (I'll wait until Hasbro America releases their official images without watermarks, to upload and post here)

The image on the back of the box with the hollow legs threw me for a bit at first, thinking that Motormaster was horribly deformed to allow for the combiner mode, but then realised that that was just the Menasor mode without cars attached... which also kinda ruins the point of the combiner if it looks wrong on the packaging.
    (we know that there are two more cars to be released later, and it doesn't fully reveal them if we only see them as an arm or a leg to Menasor, so I don't see why Hasbro didn't have the full Menasor showing on the box, instead of empty stilts legs)

And it seems that like Optimus, Motormaster's robot mode is just the cab of the truck (unlike the Gen1 toy), and the trailer becomes a battlestation similar to Gen2 Laser Optimus, as well as being the frame of Menasor.

Just noting that in four days time, Hasbro China will be officially revealing the next Movie Masterpiece toy MPM-13. (we are still waiting for MPM-12 to be released here and in Japan)

Considering the timing, could it be a ROTB movie toy?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just noting that in four days time, Hasbro China will be officially revealing the next Movie Masterpiece toy MPM-13. (we are still waiting for MPM-12 to be released here and in Japan)

Considering the timing, could it be a ROTB movie toy?
    According to this list of 2022 items that hasn't been updated since last November, and managed to list all of the wave 2 Legacy items exactly as revealed last week, my guess is that the next Movie Masterpiece toy is mv1 Blackout, as it is listed to be a Target exclusive this year.

From the current designers on instagram comes some background info on a toy released almost 2 years ago - the Origins Bumblebee.

OH Origin Bumblebee! I was lucky to be gifted this project after Warden moved off the team.
    First up is a glimpse of my deco layout for the pack. Doing deco, as I’ve mentioned, is an art in itself and for bigger more complicated projects, is quite challenging. The time consumption is definitely a labor of love! You will also see some inconsistencies in color for the blaster and the jetpack on deco and back of pack. Since those parts were made from PA plastic they wouldn’t take the painted silver ops. But some essential black peices were also in the mold so I couldnt make the mold silver.(Bummer)But I bumped up the color on the rods because it was really difficult to get the same glow as the golden rods that appeared on the episode. I went back and forth in production trying to add as much pearl fleck in the mold as possible to give them the cool looking shimmer.
    The next drawing was done by @ken_christiansen_art (🤔) but I’m not certain as Warden kicked it off before me. The image to the right of it is Kunihiro san’s block model CAD drawing. I made some adjustments as I usually do, and we went back and forth on a couple different things.
    I ended up cutting out the golden rod holder on the jetpack, it just compromised to much aesthetics for a nice looking jetpack. I also dipped back into episode 1 to really study this cybertronian BB here. The fun and somtimes difficult thing about old cell animated cartoons is the inconsistencies they contain. Im a stickler on head sculpts, so I really wanted to give BB the plump clean face he rocks in the episode, even if it is a lil on the thick side. Also got rid of the grid pattern he had on his cheeks which I think was a detail from the Siege series.
    The rest of the images are more for all of you to weigh in on. I used to love to see my painted models on back of pack, but the digital renders are cool too, do yall have a preference?

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Shame they put all that effort into the colour of the energon rods (which I consider a failure, as I still don't see what they were on about) instead of making the items, well, something that a toy can hold in its hand. I can see now why they didn't bother (designer A intended them to clip onto the back, designer B dropped this but didn't do anything else for them), but that hardly makes it better now does it?

Also, kinda interesting to see that they genuinely do use a paint that allegedly matches the plastic dye. I was sure that they would use a different shade in order to compensate for the way that paint and dyed plastics will never match. There is, after all, plenty of knowledge out there on how to match these things...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Shame they put all that effort into the colour of the energon rods (which I consider a failure, as I still don't see what they were on about) instead of making the items, well, something that a toy can hold in its hand. I can see now why they didn't bother (designer A intended them to clip onto the back, designer B dropped this but didn't do anything else for them), but that hardly makes it better now does it?

Also, kinda interesting to see that they genuinely do use a paint that allegedly matches the plastic dye. I was sure that they would use a different shade in order to compensate for the way that paint and dyed plastics will never match. There is, after all, plenty of knowledge out there on how to match these things...
    I would say it's potentially not always about paint matching the plastic than the plastic changing. My Origins Bumblebee has a couple of plastic panels that don't match the others and are a lighter shade of yellow that I can't explain - couldn't be sun exposure as other pieces beside it aren't faded - so a paint may have been matched to the design plastic colour, but then the mix gets slightly different

And the jetpack storage being lost is a bit of disappointment for me, as I don't like pieces just sitting around. But it fits with the ethos that their trying to meet at the moment of providing the best accessories that can be mixed and matched across your figures across the line rather than just focusing on each figure in singularity (positives and negatives to both approaches)