Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

The question about the Master at the end of the universe really is... "what are you doing here?"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DtG5dK_HaGg

Does anyone here collect the episode novelizations by Sphere or any of the various Doctor Who comics?

P.S. My Favorite Doctors Would have to be John Pertwee (I just love the '70s cheesiness of these episodes), Tom Baker (I found his reign to be more comical and enjoyable, just quintessential Doctor Who type of stuff), then Christopher Eccleston (I was saddened when he decided to leave for David Tennant as I liked his ruggedness), in that order.

P.P.S. Did anyone else here go to the Doctor Who stage show 'Enter The Tardis' which toured the nation back in 2005?
    Last edited by Eruntalon; 16th October 2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: COCKS!

I collected DR Who magazine for the final 8th Dr story, he was one of my dave Dr Whos. I have a few Target ep novelisations books. Most of my books are 8th dr novels

Some comics shops in perth have the Dr Who magazine Trade paper backs of the 6th, 8th,9th and i think 10th doctors.

I was going to go to that 2005 show, but i decided not too, im a cheapskate I did skip school however and meet Colin Baker!!!! Got a free badge from Galaxy book shop!!! and got the 6th doctors autograph. He was very pleasant, i was surprised because i was the only non hardcore sterotype nerd there

Sorry, I meant Target, not Sphere. Colin Baker would have to have been my least favorite of the Doctors.

Eurantalon, why do you collect novelisations of the tv show? Id rather watch the show. The Target novels i have dont seem to expand much on the tv show adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    P.P.S. Did anyone else here go to the Doctor Who stage show 'Enter The Tardis' which toured the nation back in 2005?
    Was that with Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker and Katy Manning? I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Eurantalon, why do you collect novelisations of the tv show? Id rather watch the show. The Target novels i have dont seem to expand much on the tv show adventures.
    Back in the day I used to collect the novels of episodes I had never seen before, before ABC started airing the entire series from the beginning back in 2003. Prior to this I had only ever seen a random selection of episodes from when I was a child. The books were more accessible at the time than the internet and I managed to gather a small collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Was that with Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker and Katy Manning? I saw that.
    Yes it was, and it was hosted by Tim Ferguson. Katy Manning kept screaming at the top of her lounges probably shattering glass in the distance. It was a great night, one of the highlights was me witnessing a fan dressed as the Master practicing his impersonations in mirrors of the men's toilets.

I used to borrow Dr. Who novels from the school library and read them during roll call periods which had extended "reading time" - thankfully most schools don't do that anymore. While I fully support encouraging kids to read for pleasure, trying to force them to do it during roll call periods in the morning tends to make reading a turn-off to a lot of kids.

I love Doctor Who. My uncle gave me a bunch of old books and things about the series years ago, and I was hooked, to say the least. I've even got a Dalek alarm clock (nothing like being threatened with extermination to get you out of bed in the morning).

Out of the Doctors, I like Jon Pertwee and David Tennant the best, the former since I generally liked all the serials from his era, and the latter because he's awesomesauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    *jumps up and down* I did! I did! I didn't ask any questions though-in retrospect, since nearly all of them were 'Did you guys screw your companions in the TARDIS?', anything I would ask would add variety.

There was one kid who had a really good 5th Doctor costume, too.

I've seen ads for Torchwood on HDTV, which I don't have. Has anyone been watching it? If so, any good?