Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 49596465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Ok so the Division caused the flux or those two crystal aliens? So does this mean no more dals cybers and tars in the universe?

Does it also mean most of the Universe is still destroyed? Hmm
    Division created the Flux to destroy the "main" universe while they popped off to another. Swarm and Azure just like the idea of everything being destroyed and want to keep things being destroyed on loop.

The most perplexing thing about the end of the Flux is that it seems the universe, apart from Earth and it's dog shield, is either destroyed or in complete ruins. It's a weird status quo to end on - but there's a New Years and 2022 special to maybe explain/reset that before the new era begins.

(Or the Doctor just keeps travelling around in the years up to 2020 AD where there's no flux-destroyed universe to worry about or the far future where everything 'got better'.)

As for the Daleks.... The Doctor destroyed all the Daleks at the end of the Time War. Except the one in the weird guys museum. Oh wait there's more hiding in the future. No, the Bad Wolf destroyed them all. Oh wait some are hiding in the void. No wait, they all got sucked back in and are gone for good. No some travelled back in time to New York but just a small cult, no wait a whole army of them is stealing planets... and so on and so on.

Sometimes having the villains fly away with a "I'll get you next time" is the better choice.

The final episode for Jodie is on this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The final episode for Jodie is on this Sunday.
    Not her last episode. There's three 2022 specials. The New Years one, then another one, and then the BBC anniversary one.

Having been in charge of the TARDIS since filming for the Thirteenth Doctor began in 2017, Showrunner Chris Chibnall and the Thirteenth Doctor, Jodie Whittaker, have confirmed they will be moving on from the most famous police box on Earth - and the universe.

With a six-part Event Serial announced for the autumn, and two Specials already planned for 2022, BBC One has now asked for an additional final feature length adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor, to form a trio of Specials for 2022, before the Doctor regenerates once more.
    https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...e-doctor-who#_

Okay then... 3 more and another year to wait to see who the new face will be.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay then... 3 more and another year to wait to see who the new face will be.
    Davies has scripts already, he'll be looking to cast sooner rather than later. I would expect an announcement before June.

The NYE special was ok as a tv show series but not special enough as a special. I did like the Drs actions catching up with her. Interesting development with leading characters. Think they did a time loop in a hotel with matt smith so the idea isnt new. Shows Daleks did survive.

The count down to nye as the time loop was cool

How bad shots are the Daleks?
    As cool as it looks to have a gattling gun on the Dalek, it made it more obvious that they were bad shots when firing at the humans when they were on the move. These are supposed to be the most dangerous creatures in the universe, and they seem to have "stormtrooper syndrome".

I must have missed it, but when did they say that the time loop would end at midnight? It just felt like they were just assuming that it would end at midnight if they lived past that time, but I'm drawing a blank on when it was noted or discovered, as the timeloop seemed to reset whenever the humans were all killed, but how would they know that surviving midnight would break the timeloop?
    According to what I remember, the Dalek told us that the TARDIS created the timeloop from the "Reset", so wouldn't the timeloop end if they survived long enough until the reset ended... which was supposed to take more than just 6 minutes (from their first timeloop starting at 11.54pm).

The next episode has the Sea Devils, which could be interesting, as I think they've only been featured in a Dr Who story twice, with the 3rd Doctor and 5th Doctor almost 40 years ago! They are related to the Silurians, who have been used a few times in the new era, so they could do a fair bit of new back story on the Sea Devils if they wanted to.

The new episode, The Legend of the Sea Devils, was on tonight.

This one snuck up on me.... I guess that's the problem with no commercials during shows on the ABC, you might not know when a new show or one-off show is coming. (the complete opposite of channel 10, which has every commercial break on all of their channels for 4-6 months advertising each new prime-time show)

It felt more like a "regular" episode than a special to me. I think I would have preferred a bunch of regular episodes over the Flux.