Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TFSS 5.0 Is Live For Members

bowspearer Guest

Yeah I caught that tweet when I did some research, but unless you were up on the politics of Fub Pub in terms of who is who there, "Jesse Wittenrich" might as well me some 'John Smith' out there. It wasn't until you said it was "official" (I saw the images not through Twitter originally, but TFW2k5) and I went to the actual tweet, that I saw the name, researched who he was and then was able to recognise it as official.

I shouldn't need to do that much running around for an accurate set of instructions and if you want proof of that, just check out the Youtube reviews of Double Pretender Megatron where people aren't even sure what the plate is for. Never mind the fact that we still don't know how the plate is also meant to be mounted (why else are there those 2 missiles on it).

It's sloppy execution whichever way you slice it.

It's a homage to megatrons G1 gun.... Nothing more. Just wasn't able to keep the peg as a 5mm peg and allow it to do its job as a holder.

Peaugh has a video with very clear instructions, showing how easy it is to fit him in the shell

I always get my transformation steps from a professional, rather than looking at videos by 'randoms', even when it's well intentioned
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    While I appreciate where you're coming from Griffin, it's pretty clear that because you haven't gotten your shipment yet, that you're arguing about the concept rather than the execution
    Mine just arrived today, and I have to say I'm quite delighted with it. Megatron is awesome as a Pretender, and its nice to have a foe for MonkeyTrukk Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    We can all agree that the Legends Megatron mould was never designed for the Frand Maximus Pretender shell.
    I've done it twice thus far, and I'm not even bothering with the add on part. Its not like I'm going to be tossing the toy like a football, so it sits fine on the shelf. You just need to play around with him to get the transformation right (its not intuitive).

If you find you're disappointed with yours, I guarantee you can sell just the shell to people who want to repaint him for Cerebros and slap an autobot logo on.

Getting a toy mold that old for such a short production run must have taken some wrangler. I really hope it (and the BossFight Oilmaster MonkeyTrukk Prime shell) might spark some interest in a Pretender line at some point. I just can't get enough of Pretenders (so I may be completely biased here Bowspearer).

Out of the two molds though (and since I already have Oilmaster), I think Megatron is the best. It splits light a real Pretender shell did, rather than a backpack opening up. In fact, I'm going to dig out some of my old Pretender shells to display together.

I HEART Megatron
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Peaugh has a video with very clear instructions, showing how easy it is to fit him in the shell

I always get my transformation steps from a professional, rather than looking at videos by 'randoms', even when it's well intentioned
    Ummm.... But Isn't Peaugh the "random" and Jessie the pro?

Looks like the final 3 are about to be sent!!! TFW peeps are reporting the shipping labels are in their USPS accounts...

So who's going to look for the Mystery figures ID, and who's going to run and hide for 2-3 weeks?

Although since playing Forged2Fight recently, i have realised we never got a Sideswipe to go with Sunstreaker....

There's a new rumour out... Still a seeker and non-us head.... But linked to 2008...

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    There's a new rumour out... Still a seeker and non-us head.... But linked to 2008...
    RedWing. RedWing. RedWing!

RedWing. RedWing. RedWing!
    No No No SNo GNo No SNo SNo No No No

bowspearer Guest

That's beside the point. If I buy a $10 Titan Master, I expect the instructions to be accurate and if by some weird coincidence, Hasbro were ever officially pressed on that, they would in all likelihood say that it was a reasonable expectation on my part. This isn't a mere $10 figure and it isn't even a mainstream release. This is a premium collectable which we're paying a premium price for. Why shouldn't I find it appalling that Fun Pub screwed up what Hasbro can get right on the most basic of figures - not by a mere accident, but by blatant negligence, laziness and contemptuous indifference?

You just need to play around with him to get the transformation right (its not intuitive).
    Which is precisely my point - it isn't intuitive, which is all the more reason why the instructions sheet shouldn't have been some half-assed copy and paste which doesn't even bother to explain how to transform Megatron into his 'pretender' mode at all.

If you find you're disappointed with yours, I guarantee you can sell just the shell to people who want to repaint him for Cerebros and slap an autobot logo on.

Getting a toy mold that old for such a short production run must have taken some wrangler. I really hope it (and the BossFight Oilmaster MonkeyTrukk Prime shell) might spark some interest in a Pretender line at some point. I just can't get enough of Pretenders (so I may be completely biased here Bowspearer).
    I think you are being more than a little biased in the sense of wearing rose coloured glasses. The fact is that I loved the concept from the getgo - in fact the two pretenders were the sole reason I signed up for TFSS 5.0. The concept in and of itself works and being able to make Tank Megatron work for a Pretender shell that was never designed for it is absolutely a masterstoke. However that's all the more reason why this laziness - to the point where I actually had to research how to transform a transformer on the internet because the instructions didn't even bother trying to explain it (just think about the insanity of having to actually do that for a minute), really does tarnish what should have been an amazing collecting experience.

The figure works, so I'll definitely hang onto it, however my opinion of Fun Pub at this point couldn't possibly get any lower.