Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Cheetor confirmed

I'm just sitting here waiting for an MP Tarantulas

Sweet, I've been wanting an Odieverse Cheetor for a while but none of the existing options have really done it for me. I'm in, and quite possibly for a Tigatron as well.

As far as future BW MPs go, it's a bit of a mixed bag...there's a few characters who are instant buys (Inferno, Rampage, Waspinator), a few for whom it'll come down to what version of the characters they do (BW Megatron is my all-time favourite TF character, but if the MP version isn't a Transmetal or better yet Transmetal 2 then I'll pass...same for Rattrap), and a few for whom I'm already happy with the versions I currently have (I'm already more than happy with Transmetal Optimus Primal and Tarantulas).
    That said, this is probably the only line where I'd be willing to have doubles of characters in my collection. Normally I avoid more than one version of the same character for budget reasons, but Beast Wars really did have some excellent characterisation.

So yeah, I'm all up for more Beast Wars MPs. An official MP Transmetal 2 Megatron is basically my dream Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ... the MP Beast Convoy is going to retail for 12960JPY (approx. AU$165)...
    Why would anyone buy at retail when even the Japanese stores are well below that price?

Nippon Yasan @ 8,280 yen.

Anime Export @ 8,499 yen.

HLJ @ 9,600 yen.

And let's not forget that PC gave us the deal of AU$107 (~ 8,600 yen), free shipping and bonus mace.

I can understand quoting retail prices if you have no options, but the people on this forum do have options.

Anyway, here's a head-on shot (via digitamin):

Assuming they can make an MP Cheetor that has a proper cheetah shape then I'm on board for this, while Cheetors bot mode was cool, his beast mode leaves a lot to be desired.

And IMO this is all one massive compliment to the original Beast Wars toys, as it shows just how bloody well these toys were made and how they've really stood the test of time quite well. G1 toys on the other hand have not fared as well. Classicsverse and MP Ironhide gave us updated versions of the G1 Ironhide toy that it so desperately needed. Modern versions of G1 Ironhide just completely blow the original G1 figure right out of the water, whereas original BW toys still stand strong next to their more modern counterparts. All the more reason why I just love Beast Wars! This isn't a criticism towards BW MPs or people who want to collect them. I think it's fantastic news and I'm glad to see more BW lurv coming from TakaraTOMY. But it's not my thing as I'm more than content with my originals.
    Not disagreeing as such, but overall I see MP's as being a high quality rendition of a popular or classic character rather than a straight modern version, if we just wanted a straight modern Ironhide then his Generations toy would have sufficed, but I think what an MP brings is both a modern update and dialing the finish up to 10 (or at least 9.5 these days), and from what I've seen of the new Primal MP the toy just might do that.

I just hope we get some MP Preds (and ex-Preds).

No doubt there will be a Tigertron repaint of Cheetor. Which brings to mind the question, would the Japanese do a MP Airazor?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    No doubt there will be a Tigertron repaint of Cheetor.
    I hope it's more than just a repaint and it's a significant re-tool to factor in how much larger Tigatron is:

Given they don't have to pay for licensing, hopefully that means they're not shy about the upsize given the base engineering will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    MP Rhinox would look awesome.
    That is exactly what I am hoping and holding out for!! He's my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    We need MEGATRON before anyone else
    Exactly my thoughts... which I said in the MP Primal topic.
    They can do more with Cheetor than Primal to improve it, but Megatron is the one that was most different to the cartoon model, particularly with the arms and hands, and back panels.

It's not a surprise that Cheetor and Primal are first, as they are the Optimus and Bumblebee of Beast Wars, and we see how much they get prioritised and milked in other series.

Same here, and this is why I'm not motivated to get the BW MPs either. I love BW to bits, but I just feel that - relative to size and cost - the Generations figures were great improvements over the originals. MP Beast Convoy looks great, and I'm sure that MP Cheetor will be wonderful too, but I just don't get the same buzz from seeing these images because quite frankly, the original BW toys are already so awesome that modern day updated versions don't really add all that much over the originals.

And IMO this is all one massive compliment to the original Beast Wars toys, as it shows just how bloody well these toys were made and how they've really stood the test of time quite well. G1 toys on the other hand have not fared as well. Classicsverse and MP Ironhide gave us updated versions of the G1 Ironhide toy that it so desperately needed. Modern versions of G1 Ironhide just completely blow the original G1 figure right out of the water, whereas original BW toys still stand strong next to their more modern counterparts. All the more reason why I just love Beast Wars! This isn't a criticism towards BW MPs or people who want to collect them. I think it's fantastic news and I'm glad to see more BW lurv coming from TakaraTOMY. But it's not my thing as I'm more than content with my originals.
    I can imagine this would really be the case for season 2 and 3 characters, since the animation models were so close to the toys as it was. They wouldn't really 'benefit' from the Masterpiece treatment the same way that G1 characters did, except for size, paint job and maybe some extra articulation. It would be a similar situation to MP Grimlock, which from an engineering/design standpoint was very similar to the G1 toy, save for a few tweaks.

I think it's great the diversity has come about even when star sabre came along.

Now I just hope they bring on the other cybertron leaders, MP Lio Convoy, Big Convoy, etc etc but most importantly, victory leo please.

my wallet can take a rest with this one.