Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: October Acquisitions.

Hey Funkyaw, i'm on the fence about BT22 .. i dislike the mould, but my experience is limited to Alternators Nemesis Prime. I really like the deco on this new one though.. and the lure of diecast is strong! Could you provide some more detailed impressions when you get a chance? I'm most interested in knowing what parts are diecast and if the QC is high (My BT20 has a minor scratch on its roof ) Thanks in advance!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

From BBTS we have...

Nice Pulse.

How do you like them? The Robot Heroes look cool.

Acquired ScreenBattles today!
    2x the Dessert Scorponok pack
    and
    2x the Bumblee pack

Not for me - one set for ice and the other for jay

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Acquired ScreenBattles today!
    2x the Dessert Scorponok pack
    and
    2x the Bumblee pack

Not for me - one set for ice and the other for jay
    thanks albie.. i'll shout you some desert

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Hey Funkyaw, i'm on the fence about BT22 .. i dislike the mould, but my experience is limited to Alternators Nemesis Prime. I really like the deco on this new one though.. and the lure of diecast is strong! Could you provide some more detailed impressions when you get a chance? I'm most interested in knowing what parts are diecast and if the QC is high (My BT20 has a minor scratch on its roof ) Thanks in advance!
    After you hold the box in your hand and feel its weight without even taking it out, you won't be able to resist...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Most of the car exterior (roof, doors, trailer) is metal. Arms/hands/head/inner chest are plastic. The knee/shin guards (the bits that flip and rotate on his leg) are plastic. He feels really heavy/solid compared to alternators prime. Paint quality was great - only a little bit of red spill onto the silver grill (and only barely noticeable if you looked really close). Only had one minor chip (<2mm diameter) on the roof but because I have him in robot mode, you can't see it because its on his back.

Compared to alternators prime, it isn't as good to pose due to the die cast metal (particularly on his back) which makes him back heavy (can also make him tilt backwards a bit when standing).

The trailer gate which forms part of his back feet/heel were really loose on mine. Would have also preferred to have "convoy" as his license plate but since this is my first BT, I'm not really sure what the other BTs have.

Compared to the prices for the bt nemesis convoy, this is a bargain. And for someone who just displays pieces like me, it was a nice improvement over alternators prime. I now have alternators prime in dodge ram mode to pair up. I reckon the new fan mod for the matrix/gun will look quite nice too (Hint Hint Kyle! )

Quote Originally Posted by funkyaw View Post
    (Hint Hint Kyle! )
    We'll be dealing with this soon, as soon as we finish posting out all the "you-know-what"...

Pulse, More G1 Robot Heroes are always good but Arcee looks kind of the odd one out. Little Blaster is great! A little disappointing that Classic Ironhide is shorter than Silverstreak and Sideswipe though.

Bought Happymeal Ratchet today, then picked up Bluray version of TF movie as well as both the Mask version DVDs (yes I'm weak...)