Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade sets for devy UW/CW

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Upgrade sets for devy UW/CW

So we had Perfect Effect 06 and which was the norm for most people to get.

Several reviews showed a lot of down points to this upgrade and the only plus was the nice cab convert for mix master. They had fixed the ball joint issue on the hands.

Shadow Fisher X2 had theirs and I felt they were a better upgrade set with better and larger looking hands as the PE version actually were smaller than original.

I saw another company called DNA design and they have started production of theirs finally which is a bit late but I felt they look pretty good.

I was convinced to sell off my PE set which I did and now thinking if DNA Design would be the best set to obtain or Shadow Fisher as I seen it first hand it was not bad. though their cab add on could be better in vehicle mode.

Which ones do you choose?
    Anyone else going for DNA design?

Red face

Hi

I got the X2toys Shadow Fisher. It does look good! apart from the annoying thumbs but I can live with it.

Only reason why i went with Shadow fisher at this stage is because I couldn't wait any longer for DNA to come out!

I've seen the PE and was not impressed with it and DNA was taking a long time so I bought Shadow Fisher first

I'm glad I did as My Devastator was looking a bit NERDY... Devastator looks much beefier with the Upgrades.

I'll be buying the DNA too once it is available.
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

The only thing I want from the PE set is the cab (as do most ppl), they need to have that for sale separately already.

Otherwise I'm waiting on the DNA kit myself, but don't really care for the cab attachment >_>

Cab on dna is okay but not as good as Pe but I don't see it justified to buy Pe for the cab alone.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've been waiting for the DNA set for a long time. But I dont know if im still interested in upgrading my devy anymore.

http://www.toy-people.com/?p=32753

Some final pics for dna

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    http://www.toy-people.com/?p=32753

Some final pics for dna
    Thanks for the pics.

the thumbs looks much better than X2Toys but it doesn't really solve the "Old Shoulder still flaps around/swings around" Problem.
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    Thanks for the pics.

the thumbs looks much better than X2Toys but it doesn't really solve the "Old Shoulder still flaps around/swings around" Problem.
    I didn't felt X2Toys were any bad, is only its cab wasn't as perfect as PE but neighter is DNA, but the rest were all better than PE.

In fact if the have any without head options to make the upgrade cheaper I will buy it as I don't need a prowl head nor a light up feature.

I saw PE-06 for $45 at one stage and was only thinking "is the cab worth $45" and that was the only thing I could think about.

A little late to the party, but thought I would weigh in!
    I bought the PE set cause I really liked the Prowlastator and Prowl heads and bonus I discovered I love the hands so much that I'd love to mod them to fit on the TFC LioKaiser..
    The rest of the kit is OK? Forgettable IMO.

Really looking forward to the DNA toys one. Those new pics give me hope that it's finally coming!!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Was hoping robotkindom have it listed but is not there. Looks like bbts might be the only one I go to get one.