View Poll Results: Will TW Fort Max stand on top of your shelves?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course... I'm a completist

10 25.64%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 43.59%
  • Only if the sales are good

5 12.82%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

7 17.95%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Fortress Maximus

Thumbs up

Some thoughts after getting this guy today:

1. SO BIG! I don't have Metroplex so I had no idea what to expect, but his size is just awesome! And the massive ratchets mean I've no issues getting him into poses (it's more the weight that's the issue).

2. Doesn't need all the stickers, but they do make him pop, especially the Autobot logo ones and those long ones on the guns.

3. Cerebros is excellent (almost want another of him to display solo) and I was surprised by just how small the Titan Masters are, esp compared to Brainstorm's.

4. Bot mode is super cool. Wish he had head tilt but otherwise great! Could have done with another weapon (sword/gun, so I'll probs get a 3rd party one if possible) but even with the leg guns he looks menacing, and the fact he can hold them in his arms is even better.

5. Other modes are kinda meh, I don't have much of an interest in the city mode so the battle ship thing is my preferred of the 2.

Overall super happy with this guy (though, like Devy last year, I'll probs see the SDCC version and wish I waited), at $240 not too bad (though 200 would be nicer as though he's larger than Devy he's only 2(3) robots... but electronics... )

Either way, recommended!

Default Toy Review My "Titan Fortress Maximus"

So much fun with the head & the sound effect,
    I will apply the decal later.

Nice pics mate but Krayt already did a thread about this toy. So this post should really go in there.

Don't worry, I did the same with MP G2 Lambor

If we are to have a second review thread for Fortress Maximus, I wouldn't mind it having a poll that follows the more standard protocol for review threads; i.e. asking people about what they think about the toy rather than our anticipation for the toy. Just suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If we are to have a second review thread for Fortress Maximus, I wouldn't mind it having a poll that follows the more standard protocol for review threads; i.e. asking people about what they think about the toy rather than our anticipation for the toy. Just suggesting.
    For a school teacher who constantly complains about the behaviour of others, you seem to be lacking in respect for others and purposely intending to create an argument

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Nice pics mate but Krayt already did a thread about this toy.
    But this one has pics! And because of that, I might buy one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    But this one has pics! And because of that, I might buy one now.
    Heh - I never noticed before that not one post in the other thread has pics in it eople

Thanks for the photos. The base mode pics are really interesting, especially with other TF's in there for scale.

How does it compare to metroplex? Which is the better city-former play-wise. Whatever we decide it will be a play toy not a display piece.

I'm still really undecided if this guy is worth adding or if I should hunt down a Metroplex instead...

Heh... Metroplex's butt is now Fortress Maximus' crotch! And it looks like it's the same on TakaraTOMY's Fort Max. I suppose because rotating the waist 180 degrees isn't necessarily for either of Fort Max's alt modes, but it also has the added effect of making his waist look different from Metroplex's.

Nice photos, showing the scale with other Legends/Legion figures.

You've motivated me to bust Fort Max out of the box and transform him
    Last edited by reillyd; 17th June 2016 at 08:25 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!