Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDW Revolution, Hasbro Titles Crossover

so how is this working? i saw on the comixology app that a few issues are out for the different series.

there is a revolution 'prelude' which is free.
    then 'revolution #1'
    plus transformers revolution #1,then ROM revolution #1, mask revolution #1 etc.

what is the reading order? is it going something like transformers, then rom, then mask, then transformers, then rom, then mask etc? I probably sound a bit dumb here but are the different series self contained but things are impacting and referencing the other series? or is it one story but spread over individual issues in the separate series? how does it work i don't necessarily want to start buying 5 new comic series just to keep up with the transformers universe. or is that the point....

Been reading the Road to Revolution lead-ins but haven't seen the revolution #1's yet. I think I'll stick with it. And just for reference, I couldn't stomach the recent Transformers/GIJoe crossover.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    so how is this working? i saw on the comixology app that a few issues are out for the different series.

there is a revolution 'prelude' which is free.
    then 'revolution #1'
    plus transformers revolution #1,then ROM revolution #1, mask revolution #1 etc.

what is the reading order? is it going something like transformers, then rom, then mask, then transformers, then rom, then mask etc? I probably sound a bit dumb here but are the different series self contained but things are impacting and referencing the other series? or is it one story but spread over individual issues in the separate series? how does it work i don't necessarily want to start buying 5 new comic series just to keep up with the transformers universe. or is that the point....
    There's a checklist / reading order on the IDW website (and in the comics)

http://www.idwpublishing.com/revolution/

Once the last part of the Revolution crossover is out, then the two new TF ongoings (Lost Light previously MTMTE, and Optimsu Prime, previously exRID) begin.

For me, I'm happily skipping everything in the crossover except the MTMTE issue.

that's kinda what prompted my question. if i get 'transformers till all are one revolution #1' there are 7 various issues before it from different series, so is it continuing the same story from those other 7 or are they stand-alone? meh.

From what I've seen the various #1 issues seem standalone. The MASK one an origin story for example.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    so how is this working? i saw on the comixology app that a few issues are out for the different series
    It wasn't too bad, the art is really something and now a team title will spin out of this featuring Kup, Blackrock and other characters from other books.

It's a shame that Jem and the Holograms isn't part of this expanded universe.