Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: MP Thrust revealed

i'll have to chime into this when my mp11NT arrives...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Do you have MP-11SW? Compare the finishes on the two and then tell me I have my expectations set too high.
    They are both mostly cartoon accurate matte finishes. If you are thinking the colour is off well that's probably down to he never seems to be the same shade of red from screen cap to screen cap. 80's cartoon animation errors, what can you do? To this day I'm far more ticked off that TT put the Decepticon emblem on Skywarp and Thundercracker's wings upside down than anything with Thrust. Sure a better mould than this which is the original MP3 mould from before it was modified horribly would be good, but it's not. My expectations were set by owning all the other TT MP-11 moulds and it's more or less in line with the rest of the MP-11's.

So my takmall Thrust arrived and had a good play around with it.

Imo it's a vast improvement over the last few seekers, no funny shoulders, the sprue marks are much much cleaner (not master grade Gundam kit builder perfect obviously :-p ) and the overall finish is very nice, what you come to expect from the MP11 build.

I have to say I really like it, even the "Huh" face it has, its perfect for certain situations lol

While it's not everyone's cup of tea, for collectors chasing the best Toon representation of the character, this is definitely one to get.

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    So my takmall Thrust arrived and had a good play around with it.

Imo it's a vast improvement over the last few seekers, no funny shoulders, the sprue marks are much much cleaner (not master grade Gundam kit builder perfect obviously :-p ) and the overall finish is very nice, what you come to expect from the MP11 build.

I have to say I really like it, even the "Huh" face it has, its perfect for certain situations lol

While it's not everyone's cup of tea, for collectors chasing the best Toon representation of the character, this is definitely one to get.
    Very nice. Got notice from PC that mine's on the way... can't wait!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the jet mode is what looks let down.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I think the jet mode is what looks let down.
    because it looks like the cartoon?

tbh the difference in greys is probably too great, tho I thought that from the first time pics appeared. But it feels good in hand.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Mine (from RK) has a pin issue which results in a loose waist. After some reading on TFW I just twisted a length of clear rubber band under it and the result is fine.

Now for someone to make a KO Thrust stand. I still need to get Skywarp and Ramjet stands too, but it'll be a "pull the trigger when I can justify $20US for a KO stand from China" deal.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Mine (from RK) has a pin issue which results in a loose waist. After some reading on TFW I just twisted a length of clear rubber band under it and the result is fine.

Now for someone to make a KO Thrust stand. I still need to get Skywarp and Ramjet stands too, but it'll be a "pull the trigger when I can justify $20US for a KO stand from China" deal.
    My RK one also get loose waist, and I think all other parts all better than rennet
    . But the waist problem seems not just for one or two pieces, mostly for lots. And still waiting for my PC one's notification . And hope it will coming quickly. And have look the waist for that one, but I think same because they all hong kong released.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

Would you happen to be able to take a pic of your fix (for reference later )
    Last edited by Initial_G; 5th November 2016 at 09:52 AM.