Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Thrust revealed

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Time to camp down at the computer and play the refresh game...
    Yup bring your popcorn!

I feel Thrust deserves a super duper limited edition "Golden Lagoon" release since he was the first Transformer to take that glorious dip.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    bbts has a preorder up also... I have ordered just incase I miss PC tonight
    Smart move. You can also try your arm at the TTM pre order which will be a bit cheaper than BBTS. My account with TTM and Tenso didn't take long to set up and provides good insurance against missing out on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    TFW user Shiro1 has done a 'toon and toy comparison:

The grey is way too light! But then again, Ramjet's face looked too light in the official pics but in-hand was about right, so hopefully this is the same... hopefully...
    It seems to me that the grey on the wings of the toy is actually a bit darker than in that screencap, but it seems so much lighter because it contrasts against the black on the fuselage/torso. The animation model was a dark grey, not really black, so the contrast between the wings and the torso wasn't as great. The grey background for the toy could have something to do with the way we see it, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Smart move. You can also try your arm at the TTM pre order which will be a bit cheaper than BBTS. My account with TTM and Tenso didn't take long to set up and provides good insurance against missing out on PC.
    Yep we may not be successful with the EVA Prime before but it proves useful at times like this.

Those of us who are pre-ordering these exclusive toys and paying premium prices are gonna feel miffed if HasTak ever releases them as regular mass retail store releases. The same thing happened previously with:
    • Classicsverse Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge. Many fans got the BotCon exclusives or exclusive Gentei figures for about $50 a figure. Since then they've all been released at regular retail for as cheap as $20 here.

• MP Sunstorm. I paid 13650JPY ($175) when I initially pre-ordered it. It shelf warmed and was later severely reduced in price, then Hasbro released their own mass retail version here for about $130 IIRC

I would be happy for the majority of fans as it makes these characters more accessible, and they SHOULD be done as mass retail figures in the first place. I even bought a Generations Thrust despite having Gentei Thrust just to show my support to Hasbro for making the decision to release that toy as a mass retail figure (which I then gave away in a competition (Sky Shadow won it)). I'm not rich enough to be so generous with MPs though.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hasbro quality doesn't match TT for me.
    And TT is not fantastic lately for seekers

Ordered from RK!
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It seems to me that the grey on the wings of the toy is actually a bit darker than in that screencap, but it seems so much lighter because it contrasts against the black on the fuselage/torso. The animation model was a dark grey, not really black, so the contrast between the wings and the torso wasn't as great. The grey background for the toy could have something to do with the way we see it, as well.
    Yeah, the contrast of the the two colours in the 'toon shot isn't as jarring as the toy one, that said, the colours in this shot don't look too bad (but it does seem photoshopped though):

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow, so quick for Pre-orders. Should I click in enough time I may use my PC loyalty points, if I work out how to do that...