Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Thrust revealed

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Those of us who are pre-ordering these exclusive toys and paying premium prices are gonna feel miffed if HasTak ever releases them as regular mass retail store releases. The same thing happened previously with:
    • Classicsverse Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge. Many fans got the BotCon exclusives or exclusive Gentei figures for about $50 a figure. Since then they've all been released at regular retail for as cheap as $20 here.

• MP Sunstorm. I paid 13650JPY ($175) when I initially pre-ordered it. It shelf warmed and was later severely reduced in price, then Hasbro released their own mass retail version here for about $130 IIRC

I would be happy for the majority of fans as it makes these characters more accessible, and they SHOULD be done as mass retail figures in the first place. I even bought a Generations Thrust despite having Gentei Thrust just to show my support to Hasbro for making the decision to release that toy as a mass retail figure (which I then gave away in a competition (Sky Shadow won it)). I'm not rich enough to be so generous with MPs though.
    yeah i know...it seems strange, but i guess there is a finite number of these and you can never be sure that hasbro will do it or that TT will do it again in a wider release. My MP Ramjet cost $260 AU so assuming if premium collectables will have it cheaper it may make it easier for me to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Those of us who are pre-ordering these exclusive toys and paying premium prices are gonna feel miffed if HasTak ever releases them as regular mass retail store releases. The same thing happened previously with:
    • Classicsverse Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge. Many fans got the BotCon exclusives or exclusive Gentei figures for about $50 a figure. Since then they've all been released at regular retail for as cheap as $20 here.

• MP Sunstorm. I paid 13650JPY ($175) when I initially pre-ordered it. It shelf warmed and was later severely reduced in price, then Hasbro released their own mass retail version here for about $130 IIRC

I would be happy for the majority of fans as it makes these characters more accessible, and they SHOULD be done as mass retail figures in the first place. I even bought a Generations Thrust despite having Gentei Thrust just to show my support to Hasbro for making the decision to release that toy as a mass retail figure (which I then gave away in a competition (Sky Shadow won it)). I'm not rich enough to be so generous with MPs though.
    I totally agree that Takara should be making these season 2 Seekers mass releases. But given they are not, how long must one wait for these to be released by Hasbro? And if they don't issue them? Better to pre order now than buy at double or triple the price.

Hasbro still hasn't released MP Sideswipe. I don't think they are super committed to the Masterpiece line, they just seem to be picking and choosing. And I doubt that these second tier Seeker characters are going to be at the top of their list to release.

Sunstorm isn't the best example. The Hasbro release is very different to the Takara one. Collectors seem to greatly prefer the Takara deco.

Woohoo... ordered

Locked in with PC
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

bang. ordered lol.

Same here

Oh yeah! You Thrust your pelvis HUH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVatXN5YYbY

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    bang. ordered lol.
    Boom... me too...

Atleast I have a spare at bbts

my bank statement

payment to premium collectables

Just pre-ordered via PC w/ Energon points spent for a little discount.