Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Golion soc

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    now I have to decide to cancel the madtoys black version and get this instead or not.
    I have second thoughts after seeing those pics at sdcc, I may get the madtoys version two if it releases.

Comparison of cartoon model with GX-71. Turns out Voltron did have a big blocky chest a lot of the time... I was looking through lots of screenshots from http://voltarchive.animation-web.com/ (creator of this site used to be a member here).

I think in another sense, they've also gone for "SoC aesthetic"... that is to say, he looks pretty consistent with the simple stylings of the other big combiners they've released.

My preorder is in anyway... with any luck, the last Voltron i'll ever have to buy. Who am i kidding

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

oh good o SOC.. I've been contemplating on building up my SOC bots and those 2 are pretty much on my list to get (already ordered SOC golion)... and a few more...

but some have gone up in $ sooo much since their release.

Since they've made Voltron GX-71 before announcing what GX-70 will be... it'll probably end up being a recolour, so maybe a chance to get one of the older combiners.

Good points kurt about it being screen accurate. I guess it was just being adjusted to mad toys voltron I was expecting the same.

Godsigma has not been reissued whereas godmas deltanius had.
    They are missing a lot of potential soc as gurren Leggan would easily be a seller which I bought the konami one as I didn't bother to wait. Guardian is missed, and s lot of sentai combining are missed

I do prefer the blue lion on this one as it pops. High chance of me displaying it as individual lions.

I think soc has slowed down way too much almost like one or two a year.

Now this is a good pose!

Btw numbers looks to be decals as shown in tamashii web
    And this is called Voltron not golion on the stand.

Dengeki Hobby got a look at a verrry loose test shot at Wonderfest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8a...&t=196m24s

Shows the diecast content - the announcer says it's heavy, but it doesn't look like it has as much as KoB. It looks like the connections will be pretty solid. Yellow and Blue Lion appear to have midsection joints, which should be good for posing Voltron - they also have fold out heelspurs for more balance. Lion heads look to have much more movement too

Btw the last 20 minutes of this vid has some Super Ginrai and Diaclone prototype footage too

Very loose test shot is an understatement lol, I guess their only good copy was sent to SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Dengeki Hobby got a look at a verrry loose test shot at Wonderfest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8a...&t=196m24s

Shows the diecast content - the announcer says it's heavy, but it doesn't look like it has as much as KoB. It looks like the connections will be pretty solid. Yellow and Blue Lion appear to have midsection joints, which should be good for posing Voltron - they also have fold out heelspurs for more balance. Lion heads look to have much more movement too

Btw the last 20 minutes of this vid has some Super Ginrai and Diaclone prototype footage too
    Wow, that was interesting.
    Wrist swivels.
    man that woman's voice is bloody annoying!!