Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

It is said that each individual Pokemon have (are born with) their own individual values (commonly abbreviated as IV's). Having said that, it seems the greatest possible difference between two similar pokemons with the same CP is only around 10%. So by the time you fully max out two of the same Pokemon, one will most likely have higher stats than the other (attack, defence, stamina)

So if one is looking to get THE perfect Pokemon, those are the stats they will be looking at - even if it is only 10% max difference.

There are calculators online to help determine the figures and whether or not you have an average version of your particular Pokemon or whether you have an "elite" version.

It can also help you determine which of the duplicates you might want to invest in stardust on over the other when the time comes to want to power them up.

I hate the new upgrade, they change the curve ball throw mechanics slightly and I have to re-adjust again.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Took some visiting friends and Pokemon go players on a tourist run through circular quay, botanical gardens, opera house, rocks and darling harbour. I only played a little yet still caught over 50 mons and filled my bag with poke balls at the ridiculous number of poke stops.

Catching ponytas and voltorbs at the opera house was fun, but really showed me that as nice as living in the suburbs is, if you want all the Pokemon, the city is the place to be!

My wife and our friends went from level 15 to 17 just from stops and catching, but will inevitably go higher once they crack a lucky egg and get evolving. My wife went from 46 caught to 80, again, before evolving.

Crazy!
    Or drop by a nearby uni... the one I passed by, I notice that there are so much pokestops and they are so much closer then Circular Quay area. No free parking nearby else I would had stop and try my luck.

I saw my first pikachu near opera house, but couldnt catch it. Still havent seen another pikachu so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    So if one is looking to get THE perfect Pokemon, those are the stats they will be looking at - even if it is only 10% max difference.
    Got a couple of friends hunting for a near-perfect Magikarp (cp180-200) before using their candies to evolve. I've got to Gyarados maxed already, and yes their CP is only within 5% difference, and only 1hp difference. I'm more interested in just getting one with Hyperbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I hate the new upgrade, they change the curve ball throw mechanics slightly and I have to re-adjust again.
    Also, nobody wants to stay in their Pokeballs anymore.

I saw my first pikachu near opera house, but couldnt catch it. Still havent seen another pikachu so far.
    I've caught 3-4 at Rhodes before they took down all 3 Pokestops in the main park, and 1 at the Opera House despite only going there once. I find him more of a nuisance because it takes so many tries to capture. Before Pokevision went down my buddy found a park with 3 Pikachus spawning and nothing else.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Also, nobody wants to stay in their Pokeballs anymore.
    Pretty much this. Just hit level 20 after the patch and now even Pidgies below CP100 keep escaping. They must know I just want to candy crush them...

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Before Pokevision went down my buddy found a park with 3 Pikachus spawning and nothing else.
    Enmore Park near Marrickville?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Pretty much this. Just hit level 20 after the patch and now even Pidgies below CP100 keep escaping. They must know I just want to candy crush them...
    Perhaps in a future releases, they could integrate devastated Pidgey populations leading to destructive over-breeding of Scyther and Pinsir populations

Enmore Park near Marrickville?
    Here we go (went through all the files he sent via WhatsApp - which was a lot) - Carss Bush Park near Blakehurst/Kogarah:

Also found this whilst Googling: https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney...pokemon-sydney

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

If people are interested I also saw up to 5 Bulbasaur spawning at a time in Moore Park, Sydney and a bunch of Squirtle in the park south of Allianz Stadium.

Found 2 dratini one after the other in the car park outside watergardens shopping centre last night at about 6:20pm
    Finding one took me by surprise
    But when immediately after catching it ANOTHER showed up. I was quite amazed.
    Also added Rhyhorn, Machoke, Venomoth and Weepinbell to my pokedex while out yesterday

Been running my own bots again, finally saw a Dratini locally ... jumped in the car and was off.

Razz Berry + Ultra Ball
    Escaped from the ball of the first roll and escaped ..

Sigh!

Have a few days off, so hope to get out and about to places I can't normally get to either before, during or after work. Of course it is winter over here and is supposed to snow this week ..

Hey Zippo, did you see this article about NZ's Pokemon capital?

he he

My hubs has been playing a week. He's just hit level 24 and has 94 unique pokemon.
    He mostly gets what I call "dead fish" - magikarp(?) and pidgy's (some bird thing). Our apartment is on the water so maybe that's why these floppy things keep appearing. When he's out he seems to get a lot of bat-things (zubats?)...
    I collect stuff for him while we're driving around but he's started taking buses everywhere as they are slow enough to collect a lot of the pokestops easily.

He says the gym in our complex changes hand on average around every 15 minutes. It's kind of crazy. We have people of all ages sitting next to the fountain (which is the poke-gym) just battling for hours. Seems kind of fruitless to me when you know you're just gunna be beaten.