Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Bulbasaur's one of my favourite. I have a venusaur and enough bulbasuar candies to create another one. Waiting for the right time to pop a lucky egg.

I am also collecting magikarps. Need 100 of them (400 candies to evolve)

You just need to put your pokemon in the gym when the counter is down to 0 to collect the coins, dont need to hold it for long. If not greedy 10 coins per day. Sometimes, you can just walk pass and slot one in when it changes hands.

One thing about it is that nowadays its difficult to catch pokemons, even with razzberries and ultra balls, 100-200 CP rare stuffs like bulbasuar, squirtle all still break out easily using curve throw and at the smallest circle. Used to be able to just catch them with normal balls and razzberries.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Bulbasaur's one of my favourite. I have a venusaur and enough bulbasuar candies to create another one. Waiting for the right time to pop a lucky egg.

I am also collecting magikarps. Need 100 of them (400 candies to evolve)

You just need to put your pokemon in the gym when the counter is down to 0 to collect the coins, dont need to hold it for long. If not greedy 10 coins per day. Sometimes, you can just walk pass and slot one in when it changes hands.
    Pop a lucky egg if you're gonna evolve a heap of Pidgey, gains a lot of XP that way. And try catch more than 100 Magikarp, get the one you want to the highest CP you can before evolving

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Pop a lucky egg if you're gonna evolve a heap of Pidgey, gains a lot of XP that way. And try catch more than 100 Magikarp, get the one you want to the highest CP you can before evolving
    Yeah the pidgey evolving seems to be the most efficient way. I farmed up 300 candies then popped an egg and just started evolving. It's a boring 30 mins but gets you a lot of xp fast.

I would also suggest waiting until you are at least well into the 20s before evolving your magikarp. I made this mistake early and now it costs a hell of a lot of stardust to increase CP every time I lvl up.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    One thing about it is that nowadays its difficult to catch pokemons, even with razzberries and ultra balls, 100-200 CP rare stuffs like bulbasuar, squirtle all still break out easily using curve throw and at the smallest circle. Used to be able to just catch them with normal balls and razzberries.
    Yeah the break free & escape rates have all gone up. With the 3 starting Pokemon it seems like their aggression level has geared up drastically - even CP150 Bulbasaurs/Squirtles get a dark orange circle. I have almost given up on catching Charmander - only ever seen/caught 2.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Yeah the pidgey evolving seems to be the most efficient way. I farmed up 300 candies then popped an egg and just started evolving. It's a boring 30 mins but gets you a lot of xp fast.

I would also suggest waiting until you are at least well into the 20s before evolving your magikarp. I made this mistake early and now it costs a hell of a lot of stardust to increase CP every time I lvl up.
    I did the pidgey method, and a whole bunch of other evolves, especially to ones I didn't have for extra XP.

Getting enough Magikarp to evolve would take most people into their 20's before they had enough. I mean hell, I've only just got over 100 candy now lol

I live around 15 mins from a lake where i can get around 20 magikarp in an hour? I evolved my first in a hurry coz i was so excited but then only ended up with a 1400 gyarados. I think I was around lvl 18 or so. So now I'm farming again to see what evolution i end up with now that im 22

Depends on spawning points. I don't live close to any of his major spawning points. Have caught him wherever I see him

So it's been about a week now since I last logged in. No way to track pokemon and a lack of any updates (that actually add to the game instead of removing features) has really made the game repetitive and boring. Such a shame as it had such great potential. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    So it's been about a week now since I last logged in. No way to track pokemon and a lack of any updates (that actually add to the game instead of removing features) has really made the game repetitive and boring. Such a shame as it had such great potential. Anyone else feeling the same way?
    Yep, I've only spent about 3 hrs in the past week (which is a sharp fall from the previous week). That time was only spent chasing the last 10 Dratinis I needed from Parramatta River to make Dragonite (I was lucky to catch the first 30 Dratinis at Redfern Park before the update which turned them into Eevees). Only glancing at the game during lunch now, but have noticed much fewer lures around the city.

Of the 5 other friends playing, we've still got one that's completely obsessed with getting to level 40 and catching the perfect IV Pokemon.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!