Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't know the Anglophone names for Pokémon because I've never watched Pokémon dubbed. Simple as that. I'm not deliberately avoiding the use of their dub names, I just don't know them. I did also provide an image link to the Pokémon in question.

All I wanted to know was if the language option existed in this game or not (and I do have games purchased in the UK and AU which have different language options). So it sounds like I won't be wasting my time downloading this game then. No biggie, I'll just go back to playing with my Transformers then.
    You can rename your pokemons, just click on the pencil icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Somebody told me they made $10 billion in 3 days.

Like any free-to-play app there's an option to buy the in-game money in bundles costing 5, 10, 50, 100 etc...
    They are making 2mil per day with in-app purchases.

I am a stingy player and never pay a single cent for mobile games... but I got a over 1000CP Venusaur
    Holding a gym with a 715 Exeggutor

Had more fun just sitting at work and collecting things when I could - people using lures on PokeStops I can hit while at my desk is awesome.

Just cleaned up my caught Pokemon list and have figured out what I can evolve to get to the next evolution, and what I can evolve purely to gain XP for my human character so he can go up a level
    So next time I am a) next to a lure b) have time, I will a) set of a lucky egg, b) set of incense and go forth and see what happens

My walking egg hatches are sadly not producing any decent/new Pokemon for the collection and my supply of 10KM eggs has been replaced by 2KM which are not giving me the starter Pokemon or Pikachu!

Hopefully the weekend I can get to a different area of the city and see what I can find ..

...something else that was huge in Japan around the time that Pokémon came out... Tamagotchi. Time for a come back? I remember reading reports at the time of Japanese schools banning Tamagotchis because they were such a distraction and teachers were sick of continually confiscating them!

Hands up anyone else who ever deliberately let their Tamagotchi die by drowning in their own poop? I actually knew someone who once ran over his Tamagotchi with a car.

Default protect yourself from pokemon go

the are lots of risks people facing now with this POKEMON GO, the major risk i found is that its app gained access to a user's Google account without their knowledge. Even though the company explained that the problem resulted from using an outdated version of Google's sign-in service, there were those who claimed that the move was in fact intentional. However, the developers finally released the app's very first update that not only dealt with said issue but fixed several other bugs as well.
    source: https://www.purevpn.com/blog/protect...om-pokemon-go/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...something else that was huge in Japan around the time that Pokémon came out... Tamagotchi. Time for a come back? I remember reading reports at the time of Japanese schools banning Tamagotchis because they were such a distraction and teachers were sick of continually confiscating them!

Hands up anyone else who ever deliberately let their Tamagotchi die by drowning in their own poop? I actually knew someone who once ran over his Tamagotchi with a car.
    Also digimon.

Haven't been able to log on all morning. The server problems are a big problem for the game

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Also digimon.
    I loved that show as a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Haven't been able to log on all morning. The server problems are a big problem for the game
    No doubt, the game has a few floors but hopefully its just the early stages causing these issues and they will be ironed out soon along with updates to allow pvp and trading.

The number of Pokeballs ive lost from connection issues is not funny...

Digimon was still in its infancy when I was in Japan. I was aware of it and there were ads and stuff, but Pokémon and Tamagotchi were WAAAY more popular. I think Digimon gained more momentum in the following year, by which time I was already back in Australia. I never got into Digimon, but I have heard that it does actually have a better and character-driven story with an ongoing story arc.

Sydney Pokémon Go Players held at gunpoint in a skate park while others are issued fines and demerit points for driving and using their phones

I think they upgraded the servers to a point earlier this week where I was not having anywhere near as a many issues, but then they added the UK and Germany and the servers couldn't handle it again.

Not a very smart decision there.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)