Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

I got technical this afternoon and started using the Ingress XM locations outside of the CBD to try and find spawn locations for Pokemon. It was very telling around home as to why I do not find anything - almost no XM around my town at all.

Did lead me to some good finds so hopefully I can start tracking down more locations.

The only issue that that the zoom out function of the map in Ingress is small, so I have to keep on stopping to check things out.

Finally took on a gym
    This high CP Seaking absolutely destroyed my team
    And I wasn't really sure what I was doing so that didn't help
    On the plus side I caught a very powerful Pinsir in the same Lek as where that gym was. So it wasn't a total failure
    With my new Pinsir I may stand a better chance next time
    Also it's crazy how different being in the CBD is to being in my hometown. Just walking down the street from Flinder Street Station to Big W I managed to FILL MY BAG
    Whereas for the last few days while I've been at home I have been struggling to even get any items
    And thanks to all the people using Lure Modules there are SO many Pokemon there that I couldn't catch back Home
    Just walking around the CBD I caught a Vulpix, Horsea, Slowpoke, Machop and Cubone as well as several Rattata and Pidgey
    Here all I ever find are Rattata Pidgey Caterpie Weedle Paras and the occasional Bulbasaur (that last one is kinda neet at least)

Will definitely need to start going on more excursions to other locations

Just went up to the blue mountains to a park with 7 poke stops in a nice walking loop, had to keep emptying my bag from all the extraneous revives and potions!

Caught a meowth and a ryhorn, hadn't ever seen them before, as well as some more eevee and clefairy, getting close to evolving them now.

On the way back we spotted a gym about 2km from home with a lowly raticate guarding it at 315CP. My 345 Scyther took it out and so I finally ran a gym.
    By the time we got home 5 minutes later I was no longer the leader, but I got 10 coins and 500 stardust which was a nice bonus.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So we had our first bit of Pokemon espionage today. We have a Team Blue FB group for our local area and users had been tracking where all the pokemon have been sighted. A yellow team member joined our group, under guise of being in blue team, and then stole the information off our spreadsheet, posted that we were dumb and then went back to his own group bragging about how he stole it.

Geez if they had have just asked we would have shared...

Stampede apparantly in new york central park over a Vaporeon
    http://comicbook.com/2016/07/16/vapo...-central-park/
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 18th July 2016 at 04:39 PM.

I left a Venonat at a gym on the Daintree River. Wonder how long it'll last there. Also pulled from the river my most powerful Pokemon so far a CP646 Golduck.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I left a Venonat at a gym on the Daintree River. Wonder how long it'll last there. Also pulled from the river my most powerful Pokemon so far a CP646 Golduck.
    646!?
    Aww my most powerful Pokemon is a 354CP Pinsir
    Is there something I am not getting about finding powerful Pokemon or have I just had terrible luck so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    646!?
    Aww my most powerful Pokemon is a 354CP Pinsir
    Is there something I am not getting about finding powerful Pokemon or have I just had terrible luck so far?
    Think it has to do with your trainer level in part, but most of my catches aren't powerful. If I take out Pokemon I've evolved and powered up, Golduck is far above the other most powerful four catches in the 230s to 270s. Everything else is under 200CP.

Yeah I think it depends on your trainer level. I'm starting to catch high 300's, since I reached around lvl 8? 9? I'm just on 13 now.

Yep definitely based on trainer level and luck. I'm about to hit lvl 18 and 600ish catches aren't common but i get a few randomly. Still get 10cp pokemon show up as well.