Page 1 of 37 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Post Pokemon Go

So Pokemon go has been released! The wife and I took the Bub for a good hour long walk around the neighbourhood.

Already caught a staryu and eevee as well as the early game mons. Easy to play but what a battery hog! Lost 70% of my battery in that hour from just having the app running in my pocket!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So Pokemon go has been released! The wife and I took the Bub for a good hour long walk around the neighbourhood.

Already caught a staryu and eevee as well as the early game mons. Easy to play but what a battery hog! Lost 70% of my battery in that hour from just having the app running in my pocket!
    Damn I didn't even notice the battery drain until I read this post and then looked at my phone. 1 hour and down 60% on my Samsung Note 4... This is not something you will be able to spend the whole day on without a battery charger close by.

The pokemon capture is novel but I am more looking forward to trainer battles. No idea how that works yet but that is the fun part.

I chose Charmander first and have Eevee, rattata, caterpie, weedle, pidgey, venonat and poliwag already.

Just noticed in settings there is a battery saver option. Let's see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Just noticed in settings there is a battery saver option. Let's see if that helps.
    Not really...

Mine is now having sign in issues as everyone gets home and downloads it!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Is it just me or is there not much to do other than walk around and throw pokeballs? I was hoping i could battle friends but I think that only works at a gym?

I've been in bed sick all day
    And I wake up to find that all my friends have started playing Pokemon go.
    I've got some catching up to do.
    So far I have Charmander, Catterpie, Pidgey and Gastly
    Depending on how I feel I may be going for a walk tomorrow

I just spent the last hour walking around Cronulla in my lunch break. Picked up a lot of Pidegys, rattatas and even a few eevees. Found an Oddish on my keyboard and a rattata on the toaster when I went to make lunch

^ Quite a drain on the battery there. You're down 8% in 10 minutes...

It does look fun. Will probably try this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    ^ Quite a drain on the battery there. You're down 8% in 10 minutes...

It does look fun. Will probably try this soon.
    That's a good point. I didn't even realise that. Yeah it is not a game I would suggest playing if you are going to be out all day without a charger.

Is anyone else able to get Pokémon Go in Japanese (i.e. with original Japanese names instead of the dub names)? I tried to download the Japanese version, but I got geoblocked!

Also, apparently the Japanese version is currently just the Beta. :/ Hopefully the full version will be out when I'm in Japan in late Sept/early Oct and I can just download the full Japanese version from inside Japan.