View Poll Results: Would you like the option to upgrade the quality of packaging on PC orders for a fee?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes this is an option I would use on some, if not all, of my orders

12 42.86%
  • No this is not an option of thing I would use

16 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium packaging option for PC orders?

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I'm completely at the opposite side of it. Any time you purchase anything, it should arrive in the condition it was sent in. Obviously, postage and couriers will at times damage parcels but for the most part, with a little effort on the seller's end, this can be sorted by packing appropriately.

You are buying a product and that product should arrive as it was sent.
    You realise that the "product" in this case is the toy inside the packaging - the box/plastic bubble insert/foam is there to protect the contents.
    The toys don't come bubble wrapped from Hasbro/Takara, hell they aren't padded at all usually. So PC are already ahead of the OEM's when it comes to packing the goods.

Just because some buyers place a value on the toy's packaging doesn't automatically make it the rule.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Look for those saying that this should be standard I take your point but I feel that having it as an added cost option is the most pragmatic approach. That way those that are not conerned with the current set up continue to enjoy low prices without blaming us fussier collectors for driving up the pricing for everyone.

On this basis I would encourage those wanting better packaging to vote YES rather than abstaining. I think you would find that even if the option adds as much as $10 to the total cost, PC are still cheaper than competitors for MP's etc.
    To be honest I think you should have added a third option e.g. Not relevant to my interests, to prevent those that are not interested from reducing the likelihood of the option from being introduced.

It seems like many are operating on the assumption that they'd have to be paying extra for a service that many don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Honestly if there is not enough interest I'll be happy to continue ordering from Japan for most of my MP purchases. No harm done.
    And that's exactly where some people miss the boat. They expect a level of service to be the standard, when it isn't essential. Different retailers have different setups - so long as those setups don't drop below a baseline (worn out cardboard, box too small for the contents) then that's a satisfactory baseline.

If a person wants more than the base level of shipping service, whether it's extra/better packing material, or a faster postal service, then you will go to a retailer that offers it and pay for that service.
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I've had one package arrive from PC (with a few more to come). I don't recall any issue with the packaging. That said, it's the seller's responsibility to pack accordingly and if that isn't done (to a reasonable standard), then there is an issue. I don't believe that is the case with PC (although your mileage might vary beyond my sample size of one parcel destined to be ripped open).

I don't care about bubble wrap. If you want extremely well packaged parcels, it could well be worth an extra fee.

All I'm saying is that parcels should arrive in the condition they left the sender in. If that's not happening to a significant amount of people (besides the nature of some parcels where people clearly don't give a f*** in delivering them), then there are issues.

As I said, based on my personal experience, that hasn't been the case and I have no issue with PC - but I haven't received enough orders (that I've taken note of) to comment beyond the broader stance.

I have voted yes, really how hard is it to wrap a box in bubble wrap at the buyers request (for a fee) just to give you that extra piece of mind that your particular purchase is going to arrive in the best condition possible.

Pc's packing paper is simply there to stop the box/boxes from moving around inside. Whilst this helps reduce damage it doesn't protect it from we'll say accidentals like box crushing or dropping.

I've started making purchases elsewhere in the last 12 months and of the 4 other online retailers everything has turned up well packaged and in perfect condition.

Pc put up a jump the queue for all the haters who want their 2nd/3rd item first so why can't their be an option for some extra protection on an item.

As someone who makes my fair share of polls here, I would like to reinforce the fact that DaptoDog cannot edit the poll. So whinging about, "It should have such and such an option" is pretty much like crying over spilt milk. Perhaps just vote for the nearest match for your preference then post a reply to clarify yourself.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    And that's exactly where some people miss the boat. They expect a level of service to be the standard, when it isn't essential. Different retailers have different setups - so long as those setups don't drop below a baseline (worn out cardboard, box too small for the contents) then that's a satisfactory baseline.

If a person wants more than the base level of shipping service, whether it's extra/better packing material, or a faster postal service, then you will go to a retailer that offers it and pay for that service.
    I think you summed it up, I don't think PC had dropped below its acceptable level and I am okay if PC want to implement an "extra protection " service option at buyers expense.

I can honestly say if PC had done a very bad job, I would have have complained.
    But from a misb collector view I understand if they want this option.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My TF packaging are destined for the recycling bin, so I voted "No." Even when trying to give boxes away (including a lot of Japanese boxes), I was unable to offload everything and a lot of it had to be discarded in the end.

↑Most of those boxes were full of unwanted Transformers packaging, much of which were Japanese, including exclusive lines.
    OMG, you threw the baby TF boxes out with the bath tub.

i'm not a MISB person so my boxes either get thrown out or are sitting in the garage not being thrown out because I don't know why yet. I'm not going to vote but I can't really see an issue as customers if there is a separate paid option for better care or something. Doesn't tfsource or one of those sites usually have a 'collectors grade packaging' option? One thing to keep in mind is that they still seem to be a small business, so it might not be a viable option for them to spend more money and time packing some orders differently than others. I still can't get over the stink some people put up about waiting longer for items to take more time getting over here on a boat or something and PC having to make changes because of that. I definitely don't want to be forced to pay more or have things changed negatively for something I don't really care too much about.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i'm not a MISB person so my boxes either get thrown out or are sitting in the garage not being thrown out because I don't know why yet. I'm not going to vote but I can't really see an issue as customers if there is a separate paid option for better care or something. Doesn't tfsource or one of those sites usually have a 'collectors grade packaging' option? One thing to keep in mind is that they still seem to be a small business, so it might not be a viable option for them to spend more money and time packing some orders differently than others. I still can't get over the stink some people put up about waiting longer for items to take more time getting over here on a boat or something and PC having to make changes because of that. I definitely don't want to be forced to pay more or have things changed negatively for something I don't really care too much about.
    Have to agree, I am also getting tired of people constantly whinging about postage from PC. I for one am happy to wait if it means lower prices.