View Poll Results: Would you like the option to upgrade the quality of packaging on PC orders for a fee?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes this is an option I would use on some, if not all, of my orders

12 42.86%
  • No this is not an option of thing I would use

16 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium packaging option for PC orders?

Default Premium packaging option for PC orders?

So as discussed at length in the Premium Collectables (PC) dealer thread, myself and some others here have expressed interest in PC offering an option to upgrade the quality of packaging on orders.

I think we can all agree that PC's pricing is excellent and usually cheaper than importing from Asia or the US. While I have been increasing my ordering from PC, their packaging has held me back from giving them 100% of my business.

For my orders PC has simply employed packing paper to provide some level of protection to the item while in transit. This can be insufficient and a few of my orders from PC have arrived with corner damage and other dents. Robot Kingdom employs both bubblewrap and styrofoam as standard for example. At a minimum most of PC's international competitors employ bubblewrap. BBTS offers a premium option that gives the best boxes and higher level of packaging.

To some who just want the figure inside this is not necessary. But for others like myself who either collect mostly MISB or at least want to keep the box in good condition after opening I think this would be a great value add by PC. And they could charge a fee that would provide them with incremental profit margin.

So would you like an option to upgrade packaging for a fee on PC orders?

If you have any other useful comments or suggestions then please reply to this thread.

The objective of this poll is to share the results with PC so that they may hopefully consider providing a premium packaging option.

Thanks for your input.

I can't correct the grammer in the poll options so please note the No option should read:

"No this is not an option I would use."

My TF packaging are destined for the recycling bin, so I voted "No." Even when trying to give boxes away (including a lot of Japanese boxes), I was unable to offload everything and a lot of it had to be discarded in the end.

↑Most of those boxes were full of unwanted Transformers packaging, much of which were Japanese, including exclusive lines.

I only keep MP and 3P MP boxes.

I haven't voted because I don't agree with the 2 options. PC should be using bubble wrap with EVERY order. Sure, have a small fee for better boxes and additional bubble wrap, but standard orders should have some measure of protection.

This is just 1 of the reasons international sellers are still getting most of my money.

I don't understand the perception that bubble wrap is something that SHOULD be used. Since when? They're a local online retailer bringing in toys at a super competitive price, with free shipping on most purchases. The fact that they are already decently packed says a lot for how well they've set themselves up. As a comparison another of the online retailers stated that to minimise costs they would reuse packaging - to the point where they basically wrapped cardboard around your order, taped it up and voila, a "box".

Perhaps they could offer an option like BBTS where you pay a bit more for a better handling service, but they already have that express/jump the queue postage service option - maybe that service already incorporates superior packing (has anyone used it before?). But if they don't want to, that their call. As mentioned many international stores have better packing, but you will comfortably pay more for the product. That's the trade off.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctorro View Post
    I only keep MP and 3P MP boxes.

I haven't voted because I don't agree with the 2 options. PC should be using bubble wrap with EVERY order. Sure, have a small fee for better boxes and additional bubble wrap, but standard orders should have some measure of protection.

This is just 1 of the reasons international sellers are still getting most of my money.
    I disagree, I am happy with what I am getting and I should not be paying extra for the service. A lot of online stores also pack as what PC does and hence the cost is reduced.

The amount of protection I have for all my PC orders are good enough and I understand misb collectors needing the extra but at a cost of their own expense.

Again do not spoil it for others who have been happy with low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I disagree, I am happy with what I am getting and I should not be paying extra for the service. A lot of online stores also pack as what PC does and hence the cost is reduced.

The amount of protection I have for all my PC orders are good enough and I understand misb collectors needing the extra but at a cost of their own expense.

Again do not spoil it for others who have been happy with low prices.
    I'm completely at the opposite side of it. Any time you purchase anything, it should arrive in the condition it was sent in. Obviously, postage and couriers will at times damage parcels but for the most part, with a little effort on the seller's end, this can be sorted by packing appropriately.

You are buying a product and that product should arrive as it was sent.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I'm completely at the opposite side of it. Any time you purchase anything, it should arrive in the condition it was sent in. Obviously, postage and couriers will at times damage parcels but for the most part, with a little effort on the seller's end, this can be sorted by packing appropriately.

You are buying a product and that product should arrive as it was sent.
    All my orders arrived as it was sent, so hence my disagreement here.

If you want more protection, by all means.

This is a free shipping above $100 so hence I am happy with this set up.
    None of my items from PC came badly damaged even in terms of boxes.

To proof a point millhouse, not many people are willing to buy inferno mp at over $200 just to have a perfect box. Many places sell below with sufficient package protection whether from amiami, ny hlj or PC.

Look for those saying that this should be standard I take your point but I feel that having it as an added cost option is the most pragmatic approach. That way those that are not conerned with the current set up continue to enjoy low prices without blaming us fussier collectors for driving up the pricing for everyone.

On this basis I would encourage those wanting better packaging to vote YES rather than abstaining. I think you would find that even if the option adds as much as $10 to the total cost, PC are still cheaper than competitors for MP's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

To proof a point millhouse, not many people are willing to buy inferno mp at over $200 just to have a perfect box. Many places sell below with sufficient package protection whether from amiami, ny hlj or PC.
    I can't speak for AmiAmi or HLJ because I've not ordered from them. But I have ordered many items from NY and they have all come with bubblewrap. Not one has come damaged.

Honestly if there is not enough interest I'll be happy to continue ordering from Japan for most of my MP purchases. No harm done.