Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lego questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Don’t know if I’ve asked this before but is anywhere other than Zing selling the Overwatch sets. I’ve had a decent look around my area to no avail. I really want that D.Va but not really interested in paying full retail for it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

In Speed Champions it has perhaps happened. The design of 75879 Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H (2017) is very, very close to the one from 75913 F14 T & Scuderia Ferrari (2015).

Amazon AU is selling Overwatch sets.

My brother is thinking of getting the Hogwarts set as a gift for his girlfriends birthday. He wants to know if Lego fans think it's good.

She likes Harry and Lego.

So, is it worth $650?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Lego is putting out a set for Speed Champions that is a redeco of an existing set, the 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo. Does Lego do straight redecos often?
    not usually. this one however has video game licensing and the previous car was in a larger 2-car set with extras. so not just a one-for-one re-release.

Looking for some advice/experience in regards to selling Lego second hand

I've got two set I'd like to sell. One is very big and although it came in a very large box, the completed model won't fit in the box it came with.

Do second hand sellers want a complete model though? Or do they want to buy a model in pieces again? It's a very awkward model to transport around a house let along in a car.

Should I try to disassemble it into some large components? Or completely into sepearate numbered bags (close to the original order as I can)?

It should be complete but it was missing one or two very small pieces is that an outrage? Even if I flag it? If I photograph it well and point out where I think a piece or two might be missing would that help a seller?

I'm not looking for profit or wanting to get my money back, but I think I should be able to get some money for it given how much it sells for at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I've got two set I'd like to sell. One is very big and although it came in a very large box, the completed model won't fit in the box it came with.

Do second hand sellers want a complete model though? Or do they want to buy a model in pieces again? It's a very awkward model to transport around a house let along in a car.

Should I try to disassemble it into some large components? Or completely into sepearate numbered bags (close to the original order as I can)?

It should be complete but it was missing one or two very small pieces is that an outrage? Even if I flag it? If I photograph it well and point out where I think a piece or two might be missing would that help a seller?

I'm not looking for profit or wanting to get my money back, but I think I should be able to get some money for it given how much it sells for at retail.
    Selling used Lego is an absolute pain in the butterflies. I sold a heap about a year ago with mixed results. I sold a COMPLETE Big Ben on Ebay. Dismantled it and bagged it all by colour. Buyer reckoned half of it was missing which was completely untrue. So I avoid Ebay now. People can be really fussy with even a tiny amount of missing pieces. I have sold built Modulars and a Super Star Destroyer on Facebook pretty cheaply as I just wanted them gone and I could not be bothered to dismantle them. Sole reason I don’t buy and build Lego anymore. But it all depends on what sets you are selling as some are in high demand and others can be worthless junk that you may as well just keep. Hard to tell if a buyer prefers it in pieces or built to be honest. But if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

It doesn’t really affect the price if it’s built or not. If you don’t want to pull the whole thing apart just break it into pieces small enough to fit in the box. What is important is the amount of dust on it, discolouration, whether the instructions are included and the condition of the instruction book, and the condition of the box.

If you there are any pieces missing you list them. Unless they’re rare pieces then it shouldn’t affect the price too much.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Same as the others, partially dismantled would be fine or completely into ziplock bags (or similar) is enough, you do not have to disassemble into "as new" parts! If the box and instructions are in good condition then you may get more for it. I've never wanted to boxes when ordering used sets online, and it does save on shipping, but if it is a larger set, you may be reduced to pick up /meet up anyway.

Goodluck!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    My brother is thinking of getting the Hogwarts set as a gift for his girlfriends birthday. He wants to know if Lego fans think it's good.

She likes Harry and Lego.

So, is it worth $650?
    I bought this set and was beyond disappointed. Other than than the four good minifigures you get; the rest of the microfigures are beyond crap along with the build. Save your money and go for the regular release sets that are scaled right.

EDIT, I just saw that your post was almost three years ago
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I saw an AF Corsa 488 GTE Technic set at work tonight. As a big fan of the World Endurance Championship, I'd love to get that set. I'm just wondering if it's in the same scale as the Technic 911 RSR. I have the 911 RSR already, and while I love it, it's a bit too big for me personally.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.