Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94

Thread: Lego questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

  1. #11
    Megatran Guest

    Default

    Anyone attend the Canberra Brick Expo this weekend?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,758

    Default

    Is there a guide on grey brick color terminology? Apparently there are lots of different shades and for my project to work, I need to be consistent in color for each piece so need to be sure when ordering.

    I am basically after a light shade of grey. I was going to settle with 'bluish grey' but perhaps light grey would be more optimal. I just need to see the differences

  3. #13
    Join Date
    22nd Feb 2014
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Here's the colour guide used on bricklink:
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogCol...content=subnav

  4. #14
    Join Date
    14th Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

    I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

    Thanks in advance guys!


    変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!


  5. #15
    Join Date
    7th Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    6,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

    I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

    Thanks in advance guys!
    www.yetistand.com

    He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

    I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

  6. #16
    Join Date
    14th Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    www.yetistand.com

    He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

    I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
    Thanks Trent. The end effect is definitely amazing! Won't be buying them for all my ships, but I'd like the Falcon to be in a more dynamic pose.


    変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!


  7. #17
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,758

    Default

    I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

    Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

    Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    16th Jul 2008
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    3,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

    Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

    Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.
    presume youre using the auto finder?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    presume youre using the auto finder?
    What's the autofindee? i just search for parts across stores.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    5th Feb 2011
    Location
    Syd
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Kup, Have you tried using the part search? I sometimes use this page as a starting point & say I need a large amount of a certain brick, I'll find a store that's stocking enough of what I need & go from there. Sometimes you won't find one particular store that has absolutely everything you need so in that case I'd buy the parts I need from 2 stores or more.

    For example, Here's all the stores that currently stock light-bluish gray 2x4 bricks. It may take a while to search what else these stores have in stock but it might be worth a look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •