Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11ND Masterpiece Dirge

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Because of the box i should have bought that and purchase a TT box from a member here and chucked it in there. Dont care about the coronation thing anyway
    I'd be willing to purchase that coronation kit off you! That's the only thing in that set that remotely interests me, but I'm not going to purchase a new MP Starscream just for an accessory kit.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd be willing to purchase that coronation kit off you! That's the only thing in that set that remotely interests me, but I'm not going to purchase a new MP Starscream just for an accessory kit.
    Didn't a lot of people buy Soundblaster solely for Ratbat? I know I did still the kit is pretty neat for Starscream.

Makes me think of this ep but it's got a new hat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Didn't a lot of people buy Soundblaster solely for Ratbat? I know I did still the kit is pretty neat for Starscream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8
    Nope , in fact many turn to the dark side for ratbat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post

Pretty much, which is why I never bothered to get MP11 or MP13B. One cool thing about MP Soundwave is that he's compatible with the G1 cassettes anyway, so you can still insert your G1 Ratbat into your MP Soundwave's chest. Okay, it's not exactly the same as having an MP Ratbat, but I'm not going to splash out on an MP Soundblaster just for the privilege of having Ratbat. Similarly I'd really like to get that Marissa Faireborn figure that comes w/ MP Delta Magnus, but I'm not going to buy Delta Magnus just to get it.

About 15 years ago on the old #transformers IRC channel on austnet, there was a guy who came along and boasted about how he spent some ridiculous sum of money* on a G1 Metrotitan**. He kept on boasting about this acquisition and others questioned why he would pay such a large sum for what essentially a weird repaint of Metroplex. This guy then said that he was more interested in Metrobomb, the repaint of Skystalker. And I think it was Fungal Infection who then said, "So you paid $300 for a Micromaster?"
    This guy had no comeback after that (and left the channel not too long after).

So yeah, by this logic it'd be like paying $200+ for an MP Ratbat or $150 for a Coronation Kit. No thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
    *I think it was something like $300 or more... which isn't much cheaper than what it goes for now, especially for early 00s aftermarket prices.
    **Despite the fact that he actually $1000 in debt to another Transfan and was refusing to repay this debt

A Masterpiece of my first ever TF!

Considering I liked MP Ramjet a lot more than I thought I would I'm totally grabbing Dirge! He will have an extra special pride of place in my collection

i'm interested to know if they took any feedback from ramjet on board regarding things like the jet nosecone just sitting there unsecure and stuff.

The headsculpt seems to work better on Dirge and Thrust than it does on Ramjet. Maybe the colours set it off.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    A Masterpiece of my first ever TF!
    Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've always thought Dirge's missiles were thinner than that belonging to Ramjet.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've always thought Dirge's missiles were thinner than that belonging to Ramjet.
    They were....

Thrust rocked as he had wings, tail wings, and the missiles and launchers of the original seekers. (I had Thrust YAY!!!)

Dirge had these tiny "pencil thin" sticks (Brother had Dirge... haha)

Ramjet had the big bulky bombs, and larger, cooler looking wings, but remained elusive and therefore sort after in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~

They are, but I think it's difficult to engineer that into the existing MP Seeker mould in order to cover up the existing default guns. The other option would be to have swappable guns, which I would've preferred, but they've evidently gone with the option of keeping Ramjet's cover-up guns (which are really boosters). But you're right, they are oversized for Dirge.